Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom floor

(8 Posts)
user1483825503 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:25:01

Just about to start gutting our bathroom. It's quite a large area and we are stuck on flooring.We are having white wooden panels on the bottom half of the walls. I like wooden floor (we used to have this in our old house) but thinkig it may look odd with white wood on the walls. Quite liking white hexagonal floor tiles but not sure.Its an area of 10sq metre so quite alot of floor to do! Any ideas would be welcome.....

wizuwox Wed 14-Feb-18 14:38:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SporkInTheToaster Wed 14-Feb-18 14:43:23

It might look a bit clinical with white walls, white flooring and white fittings (assuming you aren’t having a coloured suite?). I have big bathrooms and wonky floors that need a flooring with a bit of flex in (not tiles). We went for Karndean in the end, wood boards effect. Looks great, feels warm, isn’t as slippery underfoot as tiles (we had them before) and copes well with the movement in the floor.

GreenTulips Wed 14-Feb-18 14:45:30

Look at heat mats to warm the floor on a separate socket! About £80

We went with a blue and white/silver limo - as I'm fed up with boards and tiles can look grubby

StillSmallVoice Wed 14-Feb-18 15:05:51

We have Amtico with some heating underneath and it is both lovely and practical. It is similar to Karndean, I believe.

SporkInTheToaster Wed 14-Feb-18 15:07:37

Yeah, same thing. Posh lino wink

GreenTulips Wed 14-Feb-18 15:20:08

We had Amtico in the kitchen - lasted 30 years

MrBennOfFestiveRoad Wed 14-Feb-18 15:41:28

We have Harvey Maria vinyl floor tiles on our bathroom floor and are really pleased with them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: