Talk

Advanced search

Anyone regretted splurging on Quartz worktops?

(17 Posts)
Indecisive2018 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:06:40

Considering a lovely white Quartz for our new kitchen work surfaces... but wondering how many people have had bad experiences or regretted getting them?

donajimena Mon 12-Feb-18 20:07:53

I think white will date more quickly than a darker colourv

MrsZippyLake Mon 12-Feb-18 21:02:05

We have quartz surfaces designed to resemble marble and we still absolutely love them!

SweetGrapes Mon 12-Feb-18 21:53:43

We have white sparkly ones (gently sparkling). MN says they will date quickly but I love them!

nicelyneurotic Tue 13-Feb-18 19:10:53

Love mine!

expatmigrant Tue 13-Feb-18 20:05:40

I had pure white quartz in my previous kitchen and had a love hate relationship because it showed every bit of dust. In our new kitchen I've picked the same quality quartz but with a slight grey fleck to it. Love it and yes it is worth the many pounds spent.

UnimaginativeUsername Tue 13-Feb-18 20:13:41

We’ve got white quartz with grey marbling. It’s beautiful, and is really easy to keep clean.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:22:39

No. Had quartz in previous kitchen (white with grey fleck) and in this kitchen (white marble effect). I personally think that dark colours (certainly black, like black granite) will days but light colours are beautiful.

Aftershock15 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:43:20

I have white quartz with flecks of colour in. Love it but it will Mark if you spill and leave something like curry. But I’ve always managed to clean it with Bar Keepers friend if dh/dc mark it.

Odd that people think it will date. I think that black granite looks really dated (and like grave stones) and that dark quartz will date no faster than a pale colour.

TellsEveryoneRealFacts Tue 13-Feb-18 21:45:47

Black sparkly quartz here and love it.

kpandthesunshineband2 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:46:38

Ours marks very quickly - off white colour. Can get rid of marks but really have to scrub & as frequent tea drinkers often get drips. Suspect reading other views this is not how it should be & we should've complained at the time I suspect.
Also ours has chipped a fair bit on the edges.

MrsPestilence Tue 13-Feb-18 21:49:10

Dark grey granite, a couple of chips but still going strong after 20 years. Would love some butcher block as well though.

heyok Tue 13-Feb-18 21:52:33

I disagree that white will date, it's classic. Not like the olive greens or browns of the 79/80/90s white is white

I adore my quartz tops they look hard wearing and classic

Wakeuptortoise Tue 13-Feb-18 21:55:27

I have light grey quartz with a fleck. Have to get down to eye level to see the crumbs. Just one chip where the electrician dropped his drill... No regrets.

CoperCabana Tue 13-Feb-18 22:01:35

Plain white. Not flecks. No regrets. Love my kitchen.

maggiso Tue 13-Feb-18 22:12:25

We have white with grey blue (Carrera style) marbling . I love it. But it’s not 2 years old yet so I would expect to love it still. Any stubborn stains clean off with bar keepers friend. It looks classic but also modern. I hope it will not date.

adayatthebeach Tue 13-Feb-18 22:15:48

I like mine but you can’t see when it’s dirty! So I’m always running my hand on the surface.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now