Talk

Advanced search

How to liven up white tiles in bathroom?

(7 Posts)
BubblesPip Sat 10-Feb-18 14:56:13

I have a very boring bathroom. Most walls either fully or half tiled, with plain white tiles. The walls are painted cream, and a cream tile effect Lino. It was all done on a budget and I’d like to liven it up somehow.
I’m thinking about tile stencils and paint as pictured, but would it actually work and last? I wouldn’t do all of the tiles, just some in a random pattern? I love the blue, but would this go with cream floors? I’d obviously paint the walls and accessorise.

TheClitterati Sun 11-Feb-18 19:40:38

I like this idea and following with interest. Where would you get the stencils from?

My bathroom could do with a cheer up but I won't be retiling for a couple of years.

BubblesPip Mon 12-Feb-18 10:32:59

Etsy sell lots of tile stencils. I can’t find many for rectangular tiles like mine though. I just wonder whether tile paint would look nice and be durable?

TheClitterati Mon 12-Feb-18 15:29:07

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.homesandproperty.co.uk/home-garden/interiors/quick-update-paint-your-tiles-31978.html%3famp

Article on painting tiles.

dontcallmelen Mon 12-Feb-18 20:34:03

Maybe paint the walls a stronger/brighter colour & add contrasting coloured towels & accessories.

meandmytinfoilhat Mon 12-Feb-18 20:36:36

Amazon/ebay sell tile transfers

Snowydaysarehere Mon 12-Feb-18 20:37:37

Coloured /glitter grout?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now