Talk

Advanced search

What tile layout?

(5 Posts)
sergeantmajor Wed 07-Feb-18 18:48:59

I have ordered some nice big rectangular bathroom tiles (50 x 25 cm each). Do you think these would look nicer in a brick layout or aligned straight on top of each other? Views welcome...

TefalTester123 Wed 07-Feb-18 18:51:34

I have just had to make the same decision. Went for horizontal but with edges aligned, not a brick design. Was told by tiler that large tiles are not completely flay and if you do them brick style you will get the 'bow' of the tile showing. Also, I stood back and looked at other 'shapes' in the bathroom and decided horizontal matched better.

OakFlooring Thu 08-Feb-18 12:49:51

We went for brick layout in our en-suite and I’m really happy with it. Our tiler was fab and put a few up in each pattern with a little adhesive so we could see how it would look and make a decision.

giardiniera Fri 09-Feb-18 01:32:49

I Also think stacked looks better in that size. My architects liked staggered so I have one room staggered but it doesn't look as good as stacked.

WaterBuffaloDancing Sat 10-Feb-18 12:01:35

I think it also depends on what cuts you would have if you are doing it yourself.

I have stacked tiles in the bathroom(larger tiles) but brick layout in the kitchen with brick sized tiles.

As the kitchen tiles were so cheap I actually hot glued a few of them to an off-cut of loft board, then grouted it to make sure we were happy with the layout. Then I propped it up in the kitchen on the worktop.

It also depends how big an area you are covering. Have a look on Pinterest for bathrooms and see what jumps out at you that you like.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: