Talk

Advanced search

Hallway decor ideas

(7 Posts)
CapricornWithAUnicornHorn Mon 05-Feb-18 20:44:11

I'm in the process of renovating the whole house completely. I have colour schemes sorted out and have decided to keep the house mostly neutral with a few colour coordinated bits in each room to lighten the place up a bit and put some life into the rooms. All furniture has been picked and I'm basically just picking up new bits and pieces when I'm out shopping to add to the house to make it a bit more homely.

I am really struggling with the hallway. I have no idea what to do with it (colour wise). I have been toying with the rose gold/copper colour scheme based off the fact that I had 6 rose gold baubles in a pack last Christmas and thought I could put a rose gold theme Christmas tree in the hallway this December.

Would that be a stupid idea? To base a whole room (which visitors/delivery people/neighbours will see the second I open my front door) on the colour of 6 stray baubles from last Christmas. Also, what else would go with that? Light/millennial pinks? Greys? Dusty pink?

I'm not looking to paint the walls pink or spray my front door copper. Just maybe a vase and some matching ornaments/trinkets. I'd like it to be quite girly as I'm outnumbered by three boys. But nothing too in your face IYSWIM.

Yellowfairy Mon 05-Feb-18 21:16:33

We’ve got dusty pink polka dot carpet on the stairs and a copper/marble floor lamp. I think you can be abit daring in the hallway as it’s a room you pass through rather than spend any real amount of time in. If your walls are neutral you can’t really go far wrong with pops of colour. But what you live and I’m sure it’ll look beautiful

Biscuitspread Thu 08-Feb-18 22:11:31

I’d recommend a neutral glitter wallpaper. It works really well in a hallway in different lighting. Subtle with a little texture and metallic gold. I’ve had lots of good comments on mine.

CapricornWithAUnicornHorn Thu 08-Feb-18 22:39:46

I've been thinking of putting shelves up and putting some copper/rose gold things on that. And then some pictures and a mirror to keep the colour going through.

Do they sell glitter paint?

Biscuitspread Sun 11-Feb-18 20:35:44

Hi yes they do sell glitter paint in places like B&Q. You get sliver, gold and a rainbow glitter. Haven’t tried it personally but I think it’s a clear varnish that you paint over existing wall colour (like clear glitter nail varnish)

TheClitterati Mon 12-Feb-18 23:07:50

I bought some glitter spay paint yesterday from The Range - they ahd quite a few glitter pain options, including the Rainbow Glitter pain though I have no idea how that works.

I'm going to spray a mirror frame with gold glitter paint.

CapricornWithAUnicornHorn Tue 13-Feb-18 13:05:21

I have found a glitter packet that you pour into paint and mix. I will try that on some paper and see how it turns out. I've found wallpaper and paint that really go together and I've also found new ornaments and trinket things to match. Thanks for all your help grin

DH isn't too happy about the fact it's costing so much, but I'm doing it anyway wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: