Talk

Advanced search

Nice soft lightbulb-I do not understand new bulbs!!

(4 Posts)
moreismore Thu 01-Feb-18 21:29:41

I’ve just fitted two storm-glass style ceiling shades, so clear glass. I love them but I can’t find a bulb that isn’t blindingly bright!

I’ve tried a 40w equivalent pearlised one and it’s still way too bright. I’ve been on the Philips website but I can’t find a clear answer on what would be less bright than this?

Help please! Don’t really mind bulb type, open to those fancy Edison ones/energy saving anything. Just not those twisty ones as the bulb is very visible and I hate how they look. Ideally would be a candle shape but round also fine. Is a large screw in fitting if that matters...

Thank you for any help!

100YearsOfVote Sun 04-Feb-18 22:23:23

Why not install a dinmmer switch? Its a cheap fix.

Or you can buy LED multi coloured lightbulbs that dim a little with a remote, start out white but you can change them to lots of colours to suit your mood.

Like these (we have lots of them):
www.amazon.co.uk/Changing-NetBoat-Dimmable-Daylight-Lighting/dp/B06XWRK8X5/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_1?psc=1&_encoding=UTF8&tag=mumsnetforum-21&refRID=TWKRH7YHP13CSEY1YTVA

100YearsOfVote Sun 04-Feb-18 22:24:15

they come in screw fit too

moreismore Fri 09-Feb-18 16:28:28

Hello-just seen your reply, thank you. I will take a look at those bulbs but yes I think a dimmer could be the solution!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now