Advanced search

Flat blinds on a door

(5 Posts)
Tortycat Thu 01-Feb-18 00:14:56

Our front door has a largeish window, which looks straight into our kitchen diner and family room, so I'm wanting a daylight blind to give some privacy. Thinking roller blinds to look simpler than roman (multiple panes if glass so dont want anything fussy). However, dh has pointed out that if the fitting sticks out, we wont be able to open the front door fully as it will hit the adjacent wall. I need to open the door wide to get the pram in!

Dh has suggested material on a wire that you slide across, but this screams caravan to me... is there a nicer solution anyone and can recommend??

OP’s posts: |
PanannyPanoo Thu 01-Feb-18 00:19:23

Is it a upvc door?
Perfect fit blinds fit within the window frame so are pretty much flush. You can fit then so they pull up or down, so you could have them pulled 3/4 way up so you still have light at the top.

Just read you have multiple panes of glass, so don' t think that would work how about some opaque film fitted to the glass to obscure it.

Tortycat Thu 01-Feb-18 08:05:39

No it's a wooden door with 9 panes. Do perfect fit blinds fit with wood?

Could try film - thanks. Need a cheapish option as think we'll replace the door next year.

OP’s posts: |
RyanGladwin Thu 01-Mar-18 14:18:33

Hiya, perfect fit blinds don't work on wooden windows they only work when there is a rubber bead. Plus if it is in 9 panels perfect fit would mean you would need 9 blinds!! The smallest option you could go for is 25mm Aluminium Venetian blind. I used Blinds superstore for my blinds they gave brilliant advice. The head box on these blinds are 25mm so would only stick out an inch. Otherwise to that a standard roller blind but this sticks out around 80mm so sticks out nearly 3 times as much.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 01-Mar-18 14:21:38

"etched glass" effect film is surprisingly good looking.
Use a craft knife and a straight edge to cut the pieces cleanly, and make them a tad smaller than pane so that you have a sliver of clear glass round edge.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in