Talk

Advanced search

Single Oven Brand Recommendations

(8 Posts)
user1493280777 Wed 31-Jan-18 22:48:35

Hi

After finally ordering our new kitchen, I am now looking for appliances including two built in single ovens.

I have narrowed it down to 3 below, if anyone has any of these I would love to know what you think. I am also open to looking at other brands if anyone has any other recommendations:

Bosch:
tinyurl.com/ybdlvj4k

Siemens:
tinyurl.com/yazroyzl

Neff
(This one I unsure about as I have read some pretty negative reviews, but also some great ones)
tinyurl.com/yc6flfxz

Many Thanks In Advance
Lea

OP’s posts: |
user1493280777 Thu 01-Feb-18 09:08:10

Anyone?

godricshollow Thu 01-Feb-18 20:49:50

Aren't these all from the same factory? We had Neff in our old house and it has been very reliable. Needed an overhaul recently after about 17 years!
We have Siemens now and I am very happy so far but haven't had them long.

Oldraver Sat 03-Feb-18 13:11:38

Have you looked at Miele ? I wanted one but they didn't do my type. The outlet centre at Abingdon do amazing savings

MaisyMary77 Sat 03-Feb-18 13:51:16

When we moved into our house there was a 15 year old neff oven, we used it for five years before replacing it with another neff. Brilliant ovens.
Agree with Oldraver that Miele ovens are also great. The Miele outlet in Abingdon is well worth a visit. (I got my coffee maker for £450 reduced from almost £2k-only thing wrong with it was that the box was damaged!) They also have an experience centre there so you can try things out.

godricshollow Sat 03-Feb-18 14:41:39

Miele is good although I had a dishwasher uneconomical to repair after 7 years that cost over 1k. When they charge double what Siemens/Bosch do , that's a bad deal to me. Also depends how many appliances you need. A small kitchen and 1-2 appliances why not. I was refitting a larger kitchen and when everything is several hundred - 1k more it really adds up.

user1493280777 Sat 03-Feb-18 15:13:31

Thanks for the replies.

Abington it a LONG way from where we live. I looked on their outlet website but unfortunately, they don't show you such bargains and it's a long way on the off chance.

We are also doing a full refit so all brand new appliances. We are having some tall units that I want to house matching single ovens x 2, microwave and built-in coffee machine. Bosch and Siemens both do all 4 appliances to match.

I do like Miele but their built-in coffee machines are between 2k - 3k too much for a single appliance.

godricshollow Sun 04-Feb-18 08:31:02

I don't know the ins and outs of all the models and features but your Siemens link looks very similar to the ovens I have - it hasn't been long but all of them have been great so far and my kitchen company has been fitting them for years (along with the fancier brands).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in