Talk

Advanced search

Maisons du Monde

(14 Posts)
dancingqueen345 Tue 30-Jan-18 22:18:13

Anybody used the above firm for home furnishings?

I've seen a beautiful 4 poster bed that I need that is just so much cheaper than anything else that it makes me worry!

Comments welcome on the bed too...

Olecranon Fri 02-Feb-18 12:53:48

I have a breakfast bar and stools from them and they arrived fully built and look great. Very reasonably priced.

JesusTapdancingChrist Fri 02-Feb-18 12:56:52

I used them once. Ordered a clock and a ceramic plantpot. Clock was fine, plantpot arrived broke into about 5000 pieces. No effort had been made whatsoever to bubble wrap/protect it.

Rang them and they said they'd refund. The didn't. Took 3 more phone calls before they did.

It put me off using them again.

Cinnamus Fri 02-Feb-18 13:10:50

I live in France and go there a lot. It's hit and miss in terms of quality. If you really like the bed it's probably worth the risk!

Bellamuerte Fri 02-Feb-18 13:25:11

They have atrocious reviews on Trustpilot. Put me right off buying anything from them.

dancingqueen345 Fri 02-Feb-18 15:45:35

Thanks for the comments all- I think I'm going to risk it as I've not planned the rest of the room around the bed!

ajandjjmum Fri 02-Feb-18 15:49:43

DD bought quite a few things from them, as did someone else I know. Their packing is appalling - minor scratches on a table and vase, and a lamp with a French plug that is no use to a British buyer.

But there were some lovely items - well priced, and their delivery team were absolute stars.

PossiblyPFB Tue 06-Feb-18 14:09:18

I bought a four poster bed for my dd from them, it’s fab and we get lots of compliments. HTH !

dancingqueen345 Tue 06-Feb-18 23:35:24

@PossiblyPFB is it the same one??

Longdistance Tue 06-Feb-18 23:39:23

I love Maison du Monde. When first bought my house over 15 years ago I bought loads of stuff, that I still have. Loved trips to France through work.
Where are they located in the UK?

PossiblyPFB Wed 07-Feb-18 00:07:54

It’s a single but not dissimilar - but it is this one.... it is as lovely as it looks in the picture.

PossiblyPFB Wed 07-Feb-18 00:14:06

A plain shot- without the trim detail it looks v similar- solid, well made and very comfortable. Dd is a kicky bed-jumper so DH swaps out and sleeps in it on the regular and it’s his favourite bed in the house!

dancingqueen345 Wed 07-Feb-18 06:20:43

@Longdistance I don't think they are, just online.

dancingqueen345 Wed 07-Feb-18 06:21:15

That's excellent news @PossiblyPFB, thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: