Talk

Advanced search

Oak furniture land or m&s?

(7 Posts)
elmo1980 Sun 28-Jan-18 21:40:46

Sofa quandary - have reserved a large Sofa, love seat and footstool from OFL costing £1500 but having doubts as never ordered stuff from there before and have had an m&s sofa before which I loved as the quality was excellent.

Been to look at m&S alternatives today and found a good large sofa and love seat for £1150 BUT no footstool.

OFL also throw in a free gift worth up to £300 so we chose a lamp.

I just feel I'm getting more for my money there but the quality of m&s is surely better value for money in the long run isn't it?

OP’s posts: |
gamerpigeon Sun 28-Jan-18 21:47:37

Our OFL stuff has been really good quality - we got bedside tables, a cot and chest of drawers from there.

PineappleScrunchie Sun 28-Jan-18 21:50:07

We have a 5 year old Oak Furniture land bed that’s been through several international moves and is still as good as new... BUT I’d try to find some sofa reviews first because it’s not the typical solid wood product they sell.

Chocolate1984 Sun 28-Jan-18 22:53:46

I don't think modern M&S sofas are as good as they were 10/15 years ago. Mine needed replaced after 5 years & my friend has spend nearly £800 having all the cushions replaced on her Abbey sofa. If you open up the back cushion the filling is like build a bear fluff & collapses.

Feezles Mon 29-Jan-18 11:11:18

We've got a few bits from OFL. The quality has always been excellent and the delivery prompt and reliable. We don't have a sofa from them though - only solid wood furniture.

OakFlooring Mon 29-Jan-18 13:03:12

We’ve had an awful sofa from M&S so don’t assume theirs will be better quality!

OrraBoralis Wed 31-Jan-18 09:33:31

We've got quite a lot of stuff from OFL and the quality is excellent, not a sofa though but my sister has a sofa from there and it seems to be holding up well.

We only had one problem with a door on a sideboard, the new door was sent quickly and I was willing to put it on myself but they insisted their fitter came. That was done without any problems. I would recommend OFL but have never bought furniture from M&S.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in