Talk

Advanced search

F&B downcloth or Dulux Jurassic stone? Paint recommendations needed...

(29 Posts)
thewanderer03 Sat 27-Jan-18 14:19:53

Hi all,
Can anyone help me find a grey/green/beige paint for kitchen? I'm trying to find one that is more grey/beige with a hint of green rather than full green.
F&B downcloth looks like it could be it, yet to try. In shop Dulux Jurassic stone looked good but looks more on green side now I'm home. Have bought tester so will try it on the wall later and see in different lights.
Kitchen is very light grey units, oak worktops, ivory tiles and sage accessories.

TIA smile

thewanderer03 Sat 27-Jan-18 16:38:33

Bump

FoxTeaParty Sat 27-Jan-18 22:52:36

I haven't personally used this but thought it was quite a nice colour. Agree the dulux one you mentioned is definitely more green.

http://www.lauraashley.com/uk/view-all-paint/grey-green-paint/invt/greygreenpa

FredaNerkk Sun 28-Jan-18 00:56:20

Have you tried Dulux Egyptian Cotton?

thewanderer03 Sun 28-Jan-18 09:13:32

Thank you for the link, might order a sample. I always thought Dulux one was green but in the shop it looked much more beige so bought it home. Tester is definitely green though and more of a 'washed green' which I'm not really after.

I used to have Egyptian cotton on my old house! Maybe I should revert back hmm I did find that was a good one for colour changing .

FredaNerkk Sun 28-Jan-18 13:27:17

French greys tend to be muddy grey/green. There are loads of them around.

'Clays' e.g. Little Greene China clay range - tend to be green/beige. Our kitchen was painted in LG China clay when we bought it. I found it to be a nice homely colour. Went well with cream, white, beige, grey, greens and all sorts of accent colours (e.g. burgundies and teals).

Recently I tested Little Green's Pearl range - I found it to be grey/green/beige in the light of our backroom. If I had been looking for grey/green/beige it would have been great.

I also tried LG Salix which they describe as grey/green (but it was definitely green).

A friend has Dulux Egyptian Cotton and pairs it with Natural Calico throughout the house. It works in their house.

FredaNerkk Sun 28-Jan-18 13:31:10

Correction - the China Clay that was in our kitchen was from the Fired Earth range (not Little Greene)

thewanderer03 Sun 28-Jan-18 13:45:38

Thank you @FredaNerkk I will definitely look in to those, sounds like they could be the answer!

thewanderer03 Sun 28-Jan-18 13:45:59

Funny I had natural calico paired with Egyptian cotton also grin

DannyArgo Tue 30-Jan-18 00:41:16

I've just painted my frontroom in F&B Dropcloth, I'm really pleased with it despite having a few reservations as I thought it may be a bit dark. It's very much beige/grey in my room (think we're east facing, so a lot of morning light) but with a hint of green.

thewanderer03 Tue 30-Jan-18 07:44:16

That sounds exactly what I'm after @DannyArgo I've ordered a sample swatch. My only worry would be too dark aswell

DannyArgo Tue 30-Jan-18 09:17:43

It's not! I'll see if I can take a picture in good light today and upload it.

thewanderer03 Tue 30-Jan-18 10:03:53

That would be fantastic @DannyArgo if you could. I think my room is north east facing so would be good to get an idea.

DannyArgo Tue 30-Jan-18 12:40:54

Taken in daylight this morning. Don't think it really does it justice!

DannyArgo Tue 30-Jan-18 12:43:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crumpet Tue 30-Jan-18 12:45:05

F&B Bone is lovely

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Tue 30-Jan-18 12:48:46

Dulux Timeless Classics Antique Map

thewanderer03 Tue 30-Jan-18 21:05:45

Thank you @DannyArgo that is really lovely, I think that would be lovely for the dining area bit as looks warm but not sure against the kitchen cupboards.
I have the F&B booker open now, bone does look lovely! Will look at the Dulux shade thanks smile

Ketzele Tue 30-Jan-18 23:50:01

Farrow and Ball Hardwick White?

Ketzele Tue 30-Jan-18 23:51:39

Bone is a bit paler and greener than Hardwick White.

thewanderer03 Sat 10-Feb-18 12:31:10

I'm still choosing, I took a break as was getting too fixated. Have any of you tried the f&b off white or know of a similar colour?

GardenGeek Sat 10-Feb-18 12:35:28

Ooo I am currently deciding the same. I found Shaded White which is one down from Drop Cloth slightly better.

Shaded white and Drop Cloth are such interesting shades.

I have both tested on two walls and on one drop cloth is clearly darker and on the other shaded white looks darker hmm

Just how!?!

F&B always amazes me grin

GardenGeek Sat 10-Feb-18 12:38:26

YY to Bone if you want more green and less greige.

MrBennOfFestiveRoad Sat 10-Feb-18 13:09:47

We have F&B Off White, it looks cream in bright sunshine and pistachio when it’s darker. The adjacent hallway is in Dimity and the contrast emphasises the colour of the Off White. The previous owner of our house was into F&B creams, so we have lots of different ones - it feels a bit like a F&B colour chart but means that you can see how they differ!

GardenGeek Sun 11-Feb-18 14:09:17

@thewanderer03

Heres some pics...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now