Talk

Advanced search

Colour schemes with F&B tallow walls & blue velvet sofa?

(5 Posts)
RhubarbRocks Sun 21-Jan-18 12:12:00

Help from people with a good eye for what works please as I am useless!

In my tiny but bright sitting room I have F&B tallow walls (well, a mix to that shade in the local shop!) and a Loaf Crumpet sofa in liquorice blue clever velvet (a dark navy). I need a new carpet and roman blinds. Any advice on what colour schemes to go for?

I have two cats and the sitting room is the only route through to the kitchen from the front door so am considering what might work for flooring that would be more heavy duty in terms of colour or wear and tear. Having said that, the current carpet is pale pinky yellow (horrid!) and has managed three years without showing any dirt thanks to regular hoovering, so would still consider something light if that works best. No idea what to do with the blinds.

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Feezles Mon 22-Jan-18 12:28:53

I'd keep the carpet neutral (if you're sure you want carpet? Wood, or wood effect laminate or LVT would look lovely), but I'm really not a fan of coloured carpet.

Personally, I would go for navy blinds to match the sofas, and a mustard-yellow rug and/or some cushions.

mydietstartsmonday Mon 22-Jan-18 12:34:35

Another one here for navy blinds. If you could go for a wood floor in walnut that would look nice. If carpet go for a light beige/taupe carpet. Cream & blue cushions.

Mermaidbutmytailfelloff Mon 22-Jan-18 12:48:00

I stayed in a holiday cottage recently that had dark blue tweed blinds, they were awesome and a great contrast to the velvet sofa, also blue but a different shade.

I would go with a neutral carpet too, maybe a mottled grey colour, we have it on our stairs and it really hides any muck. Not that my house is mucky obvs but my dog can be and paw prints are well disguised!

RhubarbRocks Mon 22-Jan-18 18:13:31

Thanks. I’ll look into wood flooring as I can see it would look nice. Just worried it will be very expensive, but probably last longer anyway. Blue tweed blind searching too!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in