Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom furniture

(8 Posts)
tryingtobethebestican Mon 15-Jan-18 23:16:54

Hi I'm thinking about completely revamping our bedroom. There are fitted wardrobes that aren't really useful storage so I think we should remove and start from scratch. The room is quite small, I think about 10x10 so we want to make the best of the space. I've just seen an advert on TV for Sharps saying they will make the most of of any space. Has anyone used them before and if so, would you recommend them? Or is there a better company? We are in Surrey. TIA.

OP’s posts: |
Titsywoo Mon 15-Jan-18 23:18:35

Honestly the best wardrobes for storage and space I have found are the Ikea pax ones. Especially if you are on a budget.

PickAChew Mon 15-Jan-18 23:22:29

Agree about pax. You can get shallow ones if you can't afford to lose 1/4 of the width of your room. Height is your friend.

tryingtobethebestican Tue 16-Jan-18 07:40:18

Thank you both the only think is we have this stupid sloping bit on two lengths of the ceiling so that limits us a bit with the height.

tryingtobethebestican Tue 16-Jan-18 23:09:29

Thing not think.

franktheskank Wed 17-Jan-18 09:11:13

I have used them for my dressing room, it was a weird room that went in between the hall and my bedroom with doors on three of the four walls, they did a great job.

I'm pretty sure I could have got it done cheaper by someone local but I was t on a budget and I just wanted it done.

I'm really pleased with it smile

JohnLapsleyParlabane Wed 17-Jan-18 09:16:22

Depending on your layout can you build wardrobes into the slope of the ceiling? We have done something like this.

tryingtobethebestican Wed 17-Jan-18 21:28:14

Thanks @franktheskank it's good to hear of someone who has used them and is pleased with their furniture. @JohnLapsleyParlabane that's a great idea that's what I'm kind of hoping they might be able to do. Our slope is not that extreme is just the ceiling is quite curved.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in