Talk

Advanced search

Spotlights - white, chrome, brushed chrome??!

(10 Posts)
Ketzele Fri 12-Jan-18 20:10:03

I'm probably going to have to get all my spotlights replaced, and the sparky just asked if I want them white, chrome or brushed chrome.

Now, I thought I had an opinion on everything, but this has left me a bit flummoxed. My first impulse was brushed chrome, but is white better as more invisible? Or does it yellow and look cheap and nasty?

randyymarsh Fri 12-Jan-18 20:11:47

I like the whole invisible/seamless look so would definitely go with white. From what I've seen if you give them a good wipe every now and then they shouldn't yellow

NoSquirrels Fri 12-Jan-18 20:13:28

We went white. Builder was surprised we didn’t want chrome/brushed chrome but I like them to “disappear” - they’re not a feature to my mind.

Ketzele Fri 12-Jan-18 20:19:12

I hate spotlights (yes I have them, but as an evil necessity) so as invisible as possible is definitely a plus.

lashy Fri 12-Jan-18 23:23:52

White - so they are unobtrusive.
We inherited 9 brass coloured ones on our landing when we moved house and changing them to white is on our rather long 'to-do' list!

Mosaic123 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:15:55

White.

skippy67 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:03:26

White.

Fluffyblanket17 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:08:22

I have white in my bedroom, haven’t discoloured so far

wowfudge Sat 13-Jan-18 20:17:24

We went with white in a white ceiling in part of our kitchen. Everything else is chrome but we didn't want the spots to stand out.

Ketzele Sat 13-Jan-18 21:26:15

Wow thank you, I think the jury is unanimous! White it is! Seriously, thanks - I now have an opinion on this too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now