Talk

Advanced search

Where did you buy your sofa from please?

(75 Posts)
funnyfoursome Tue 09-Jan-18 11:37:00

Hi! I need ideas. My last was from cargo homeshop which no longer exists. J Lewis seem v expensive. Usual ones on retail parks I don't like the sofas. Looking for something classic but not granny-ish in neutral or heather. Thank you!

WhenEnoughIsEnough Tue 09-Jan-18 11:38:55

I am very picky with sofas (and everything else that enters my house) but we ended up getting ours from Harvey's of all places. Dh dragged me because I was sure there wouldn't be anything I liked but there was.

TheQueenOfWands Tue 09-Jan-18 11:40:53

Harveys.

It's really comfortable.

funnyfoursome Tue 09-Jan-18 11:45:15

Oh brilliant thanks I will check them out! Our last lot were my husbands second hand about 10 years ago. When we married he kept them and I swore I would never spend hours on the uncomfortable bastards breastfeeding DC2 but guess what I did. That was 3 years ago! Time for change!

snowgirl1 Tue 09-Jan-18 11:53:07

Marks & Spencer - I think twice a year they have 20% off offers and just at the time I was thinking of getting a new sofa they did 40% off corner sofas (which is what DH wanted) so it seemed pretty reasonably priced with that discount!

buntingqueen Tue 09-Jan-18 11:53:38

M&S. Have some lovely styles, and lots of neutral, and a lovely heather colour. They aren’t cheap, but often have sales, and last for years and years.

SoupDragon Tue 09-Jan-18 11:54:46

Ikea.

Buxbaum Tue 09-Jan-18 12:32:01

Multiyork. The quality is absolutely amazing and I'm very sorry to see them go. You could get an absolute bargain in the closing-down sales.

UserOneBillion Tue 09-Jan-18 12:36:37

We have two sofas from sofa.com - I was very happy with the quality, comfort and service.

shushpenfold Tue 09-Jan-18 12:38:30

Try Wayfair online. Loads (and loads) of choice but you can’t try them. Have bought a few things and they’re fine.

Bluesheep8 Tue 09-Jan-18 12:47:28

SCS and I'm really pleased with them

HTKB Tue 09-Jan-18 12:57:31

Just put a deposit down on my dream sofa fron Raft which i have been hankering over for years. Amazing service so far and its the comfiest thing my bum has ever touched. Hand made in UK with reclaimed hardwood frame, 2500 for a 4 seater with chaise in their premium fabric which i don't think is too bad.

Lilliepixie Tue 09-Jan-18 13:00:55

Lombok
John Lewis
Next

AtlanticWaves Tue 09-Jan-18 13:04:07

Ikea

Most comfortable sofa ever and a high back which I love.

It's a Tidafors. And my Ikea-hating parents have even decided to buy one as it's so comfy.

It's also very hard-wearing. We let our boys jump on the sofa all the time (to stop them jumping on the floor cos of our complaining neighbours) and it's 6 years old and still going strong.

Fruitbat1980 Tue 09-Jan-18 13:06:07

Somewhat randomly Tesco! (Direct) huge discount, was allowed to use Clubcard points, almost identical sofa to several other stores for more than £600 less... you have to take a punt as you can’t sit on it in advance but I sat on many like it and can confirm best sofa I ever bought!

loubielou31 Tue 09-Jan-18 13:10:23

M and S, and very recently Ercol. Both sale purchases. Still expensive but I really think you get what you pay for. The sofa we are replacing is 14 years old and is actually still sturdy and comfy. Just a change of style rather than need. smile

runningtogetskinny Tue 09-Jan-18 13:16:27

Barker & Stonehouse, expensive but 4 years on its still in new condition! Stuffed with feathers (and something else) rather than foam so can be shaken rather than solid foam which loses shape. Springs show no signs of wear either though possibly worth pointing out I only have 1 adult child so no one bouncing around on it (that I know of .....!)

Judashascomeintosomemoney Tue 09-Jan-18 13:17:09

I got my vintage sofa from theoldcinema .co.uk
Beautiful blue velvet drop side four seat sofa.

1happyhippie Tue 09-Jan-18 13:17:39

My current ones from dfs, got it last year and still love it. We wanted a four seater and a double sofa bed and this one is perfect!
My last one was from Argos, massive discount on it and I liked it at first, but it was not comfy at all.

EvilCleverDog Tue 09-Jan-18 13:17:46

Mines from the Toulouse range in next. Most comfy sofa I’ve ever had.

trixymalixy Tue 09-Jan-18 13:18:58

love your home. We've had it for about 5 years now and still really pleased with it.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 09-Jan-18 13:19:10

Nabru.

theredjellybean Tue 09-Jan-18 13:19:16

Ikea ektorp... Been going for 15 years... You can machine wash covers and buy new ones when your decor changes

facelikeadinosaur Tue 09-Jan-18 13:22:45

Sofa.com and I love it, bought it last summer and it’s so comfy! It also has removable machine washable covers for child and dog proofing purposes.

flumpybear Tue 09-Jan-18 13:25:33

Arighi bianchi are fabulous!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: