Advanced search

Opening a bricked up fireplace and installing a decorative one - do I need a builder, handyman or a fireplace specialist?

(3 Posts)
JesusTapdancingChrist Sat 30-Dec-17 22:35:15

I have zero clue about house stuff. Have only done the most basic DIY since buying my house earlier this year.

Living room has a chimney breast wall which is bricked up. I have bought a (😍😍) Victorian fireplace + wood surround on eBay which I want to have fitted, purely for decorative purposes (so no chimney stuff required). Want a small hearth fitted in front as well.

Can anyone tell me who I need for the job and a ballpark figure of how much it would cost? I don't have a big budget so am probably limited in my options but want it done right but don't want to be ripped off!

Am not experienced or confident enough with DIY to try it myself.

Any tips would be super gratefully received 🙂.

OP’s posts: |
JesusTapdancingChrist Sat 30-Dec-17 23:17:25

So this is an example of what I currently have (but mine is wider).

OP’s posts: |
JesusTapdancingChrist Sat 30-Dec-17 23:18:13

And this is roughly what the finished job would look like.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in