Talk

Advanced search

Faux fireplace

(9 Posts)
wiziliz Mon 18-Dec-17 09:35:33

Is there anything called a faux fireplace to buy. I am decorating a third living room, ( which will be hardly used) need a focal point, thinking about faux fireplaces, any other ideas pls....

LadyPenelopeCantDance Mon 18-Dec-17 09:40:23

Have you looked at bio ethanol fireplaces? They are a fortune to run and don’t give a huge amount of heat, but are very nice focal points if you like the style.

www.imaginfires.co.uk

JoJoSM2 Mon 18-Dec-17 16:52:09

You can put any fireplace in and not use it. In our entrance hall, we have a cast iron, period style fireplace but there isn't a chimney ( not sure what happened to it as there was a fireplace originally there).

wiziliz Tue 19-Dec-17 08:15:47

Thank y oh both. Any idea where I can find a cheap white fireplace?

LadyPenelopeCantDance Tue 19-Dec-17 08:54:18

I would look on Gumtree of Freecycle for people getting rid of theirs.

Reasontobelieve Tue 19-Dec-17 17:28:43

I need a faux fire place as well and found the following on Pinterest. I am thinking of having this made for a redundant fireplace.

http://www.blueroofcabin.com/2011/12/diy-mantle.html

BeachysFlipFlops Tue 19-Dec-17 18:04:43

Salvage yards often have mantelpieces and insets you could fit....

Mosaic123 Wed 20-Dec-17 01:44:45

We bought a simple fire basket and filled with logs. It can't be lit as there is no functioning chimney.

JoJoSM2 Wed 20-Dec-17 07:28:22

If you want an original period one, then salvage yard or eBay. If you’d like a new one, there are tons of online fireplace shops so you can compare styles and prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now