Talk

Advanced search

What colour bedding with this wallpaper?

(15 Posts)
BirthdayBeast Tue 05-Dec-17 11:43:38

I have bought this wallpaper for our bedroom but not sure what colour bedding to go with it? I thought maybe a plum colour but can't find plum colour bedding anywhere. Any suggestions for bedding or colours?

The photo isn't great but the wallpaper is pale pink with bronze/copper print leaf design.

Bahhhhhumbug Tue 05-Dec-17 11:58:06

There's a gorgeous blackberry type colour around. I did up my house to rent out a while ago and being a nice landlady smile as my tenants had hardly any stuff bless them but so hardworking nice people l thought l would give them a good start with soft furnishings etc throughout. l had done the walls in a white wallpaper with silvery grey leaf pattern and got some bedding cushions and curtains all in this gorgeous blackcurrant colour and some greys to blend with the silver. It looks stunning and l didn't want rent it out when l'd finished grin My tenants love it and say it is so easy to match up when they are gradually buying their own stuff to change for washing etc. They say they just look for anything white or grey or purples and it matches lovely.

Bahhhhhumbug Tue 05-Dec-17 12:01:35

Sorry just noticed e d bit of your post about the. bronze copper design whereas mine is silvery so maybe orangery reds would go with the bronze coppers instead of grey like mine

BirthdayBeast Tue 05-Dec-17 12:02:16

Your lucky tenants! Good suggestion with the blackberry colour...I'll take a look 👍🏼

Bahhhhhumbug Tue 05-Dec-17 12:04:37

or tan colours ? ( mental note must read whole OP before posting)

RestingGrinchFace Tue 05-Dec-17 12:05:20

I would opt for either grey or white. The wallpaper is fairly full on so you don't want to over do it.

teaortequila23 Tue 05-Dec-17 12:06:25

Grey then try getting decorative pillows in that colour

thegirlupnorth Tue 05-Dec-17 12:09:05

White every time, never dates, always looks crisp and clean.

Bahhhhhumbug Tue 05-Dec-17 12:09:52

I find it a lot more brighter and cheery than plum purples actually which can be a bit dull /sombrel think but that's just imo.

Mar15mite Tue 05-Dec-17 23:08:18

I agree with the PP, white every time, can’t go wrong.

Tk max is your friend here

Davros Tue 05-Dec-17 23:40:57

Don't worry about the actual bedding, get a good bedspread and there can be any old crap underneath!! It always makes a bed look tidy and "finished" IMO

ZigZagandDustin Tue 05-Dec-17 23:43:42

Pure white only. On a mahogany sleigh bed. Dark wood furniture.

Fabellini Tue 05-Dec-17 23:47:27

Another vote for white here. You can get some lovely copper coloured accessories just now, so could tie it all together with bedside lamp with copper base, or copper vase, or little dish for jewellery- and then a couple of cushions and maybe a throw for the bed in the pink colour.

JoJoSM2 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:54:27

How about just white? And then some cushions and a bedspread to work with the colour scheme.

greeeen Wed 06-Dec-17 21:57:22

Pure white is the only acceptable bedding choice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now