Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a good quality sofa?

(18 Posts)
Californiadreaming15 Mon 04-Dec-17 11:37:41

I'm currently looking to buy a new sofa, every time I think I've decided I find poor reviews. I know the majority of reviews online will be poor as people are less likely to go on to place a positive review but I'm looking for thoughts.

Next - poor quality/sagging
M&S - same again (this is where my favourite is)
Sofology - uncomfortable

Is there anywhere?

Thanks is advance

storynanny Mon 04-Dec-17 11:42:52

Im on my second g plan sofa, first one lasted 25 years, through babies toddlers and teenagers. Bought this new one from furniture village sale. Hope it will survive grandchildren etc!
First was a fabric one with removable drycleanable covers( which were fine in washing machine ) new one is leather.

Maudlinmaud Mon 04-Dec-17 11:48:48

I would shop local. Made to measure for us worked out cheaper than store bought and the quality has been excellent.

IHeartKingThistle Mon 04-Dec-17 11:49:57

Ours are from love-your-home and are lovely.

LadyPenelopeCantDance Mon 04-Dec-17 11:53:53

Sofas and Stuff. Have had our last two from there and really liked them.

www.sofasandstuff.com

Orchardgreen Mon 04-Dec-17 11:54:19

Multiyork. I bought two sofas 24 years ago and they are structurally as good as new. They keep the patterns for new covers forever, I'm on my third set, only because I changed colours schemes in the sitting room.

yorkshireyummymummy Mon 04-Dec-17 11:56:02

Look up Sofa sofa. They are a Welsh company who make the sofas in their own factory to order. I'm going to be getting new ones from there next year, our current sofas came from there and they have lasted for 12 years with constant use from fat bums, dogs, kids jumping onto them.....they are still good now but we have moved house and need some bigger sofas and fancy a change. I'm giving the old ones to a local charity . They are very competativly priced from sofa sofa too so well worth a look.

anothernetter Mon 04-Dec-17 12:00:44

I bought two sofas from m&s about 13 years ago and they still look almost as good as new today. They were from the abbey range. I've recently ordered a sofa bed from the same range. I'm feeling nervous because I've read a bad review but I've decided to take a chance because it's really lovely and I've been really impressed with their customer service over the years. I came across a company called Willow & Hall and they do some lovely ones but I was nervous about making a big purchase from a smaller company

anothernetter Mon 04-Dec-17 12:01:37

Toast do some lovely sodas too but I've never bought from them before

GinGeum Mon 04-Dec-17 12:01:39

I’m currently sat on a 30 year old Habitat sofa which is still in pretty good nick. Although not sure if their quality is still as good nowadays. Loaf sofas are also lovely.

I have to admit though, I’m going to buy our next sofa from IKEA - they have a 10 year guarantee and have ready made covers fairly cheap which is ideal for us with the animals. We wreck our sofas so I’d rather just have a cheaper one than fork out loads and be permanently stressed.

BikeRunSki Mon 04-Dec-17 12:01:46

I have a Relyon sofa bed which we got from John Lewis 17 years ago. It spent about 5 years as our only sofa, and spare bed. Then as a spare bed used 3 or 4 times a months for about 5 years. Now playroom sofa and spare bed (playroom is also spare room). Still going strong. Definelt recommended.

MohoBoho Mon 04-Dec-17 12:02:12

Ercol, Wesley Barrel - not cheap, but built to last. Our Ercol sofa is more than 25 years old. We have replaced the cushions and recovered with updated fabric and still going strong, and very supportive and non saggy!

namechange2222 Mon 04-Dec-17 12:05:16

I second Habitat. Have had two sofas for fifteen years, They're still going strong

anothernetter Mon 04-Dec-17 12:10:09

Ah I was thinking about Loaf Gin! Don't know what made me think of Toast!

milkmoustache Mon 04-Dec-17 12:18:03

Our Sofa Workshop one is going strong despite the cover being savaged by cats

Bluesheep8 Mon 04-Dec-17 15:25:20

Ours are from scs and weren't expensive, really pleased with the quality, customer service was great too.

LapdanceShoeshine Mon 04-Dec-17 15:59:03

another vote here for sofasofa in Newport

Loads of styles, colours, fabric choices (plus leather). Mine is very comfortable, though the linen covers are a bit tempting for the cats to scratch.

They have (genuine) sales occasionally which are worth looking out for.

Ikea good too IMO

DiscoDeviant Mon 04-Dec-17 20:16:14

I got my sofa from M&S 4 years ago. It’s a leather corner one and it hasn’t sagged. It’s so comfortable and still looks good. I got it in the January sales and it had a third off. It’s the best quality sofa I’ve ever had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now