Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Sofa.com - how comfy are their sofas? Will wool be itchy??

(11 Posts)
quickname Tue 28-Nov-17 12:42:57

I need to decide today on a 2nd hand huge wool sofa. It looks fab and apparently 2yrs old but I have no idea if it's comfortable or itchy.

RitaConnors Tue 28-Nov-17 12:44:55

Yes, my sister has a herringbone wool one and it is known as the itchy sofa. Her other one is velvet. They seem to be good quality though.

quickname Tue 28-Nov-17 12:51:29

oh noooo! the itchy sofa! I hadn't thought about it until I put on my poncho today..and remembered it itches without a thick layer underneath and lightbulb moment about sofa. Why would anyone make or buy an itchy sofa?

quickname Tue 28-Nov-17 13:45:06

anyone else experience of a wool sofa?

spreadinggirth Tue 28-Nov-17 18:18:10

Me! Ive just bought a wool one from sofa.com. It's described as 'soft wool' and isn't at all itchy. The fabric reminds me of a cashmere sweater that's been washed too hot, a bit felted.
Dog proof too.
I've only had it about a month so too early to say if it's hard wearing but it's certainly comfy.

quickname Tue 28-Nov-17 20:12:28

spreadinggirth (great name!) thank you! i've been trying to research a lot online and hoping the wool could resemble felted material. which sofa did you buy? I decided on the Stella.. the other choice was an Aissa.

I called sofa.com and apparently they sell 2 types of wool cover, the soft one is a wool mix and the 100% wool marl can feel itchy to some.

spreadinggirth Tue 28-Nov-17 20:24:28

quick, it's the Bluebell 3 seater. Big and comfy.
Got a bit of a discount so sneaked in a footstool too wink

quickname Thu 30-Nov-17 13:12:06

to update - it's arrived and it's super soft and divine! I can't believe this is my new life grin

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 30-Nov-17 13:14:51

Which one is it OP?

I'm after a comfy woolly sofa.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 30-Nov-17 13:15:19

Oh sorry, the Stella, you did say.

BringMeTea Thu 30-Nov-17 17:27:22

We have a stella in leather (from the ebay store). Love it! Amazing what happiness a seat can bring.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: