Talk

Advanced search

Dulux Egyptian Cotton

(9 Posts)
Catinthecorner Tue 28-Nov-17 00:04:45

Has anyone used this shade? We have a whole house to paint, and for boring work related reasons it needs to be done before we see the house again. Would a whole house worth of Egyptian Cotton be too much? Or just lovely?

Dixiechickonhols Tue 28-Nov-17 01:47:25

We have 3 rooms in Egyptian cotton - living room, hall/stairs and bedroom. Very easy to live with. Sort of greige. Looks grey in some lights.

notangelinajolie Tue 28-Nov-17 02:03:05

Yes we have this throughout the house. I like it because it is a lot warmer than a lot of the grey's we tested. It looks amazing in the bathroom against the white bath etc. And in the bedroom with white bedding. It was too wishwashy for the living room as we wanted to create a really cozy but wow kind of look so we went for a much deeper shade in there. We used B&Q Taupe for all the walls except the window wall which is Egyptian Cotton and both colours work really well together.

undertheradarplease Tue 28-Nov-17 12:47:35

I have it in all three bedrooms but much darker shades in living room, diner, kitchen & bathroom like @notangelinajolie

It's a lovely, warm greige which sometimes looks a bit purple in some lights could i be colourblind? .

I'd deffo recommend it, it's completely inoffensive and goes with anything grin

Dixiechickonhols Tue 28-Nov-17 13:49:32

This is Egyptian cotton on our hall/stairs. We have it with white woodwork. I don’t see any purple like you sometimes get with true grey.

Dixiechickonhols Tue 28-Nov-17 13:55:11

Photo of lounge and bedroom.

Agree very inoffensive and easy to live with. Used the easycare wipeable version in the hall.

MrBennOfFestiveRoad Tue 28-Nov-17 17:15:18

I would quite happily paint everything in Dulux Egyptian Cotton, we've had in in three different houses over 14 years and it's looked great in all.

72percentcocoa Sat 02-Dec-17 08:50:32

Love Egyptian cotton. Have it in the bedrooms and hallway.
Lovely warm greige

WattdeEll Sun 03-Dec-17 19:41:25

We have it, love it and it gets a lot of positive comments. We bought the standard Dulux, had a decorator paint it and did 3 coats, but it wipes off if I use a cloth to clean a mark. Definitely worth going for the wipe clean version

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: