Talk

Advanced search

Paint needs to be ordered today and I can’t decide!

(4 Posts)
DrunkenUnicorn Fri 17-Nov-17 09:14:12

We’re having our hallway painted on Monday. I need to order the paint now. Husband is laid up with flu. I’ve been running round after the him and DS who has also been really poorly with it since last week and suddenly realised it needs ordering now!

So our front door is south facing with glass panels that let a fair amount of light in, stairs straight up, and immediately to the left a door to the kitchen, and a darkish corridor to the downstairs loo, at the top of the stairs landing has two large-ish windows so is reasonably light.

It’s currently a yellow as it was when we moved in. It looks ok but really badly marked etc.

I think we’ve narrowed it down to two colours, both Dulux heritage.

Chiltern white with mallow white woodwork, which comes out a pale grey.

Or silver fern with ash white woodwork. Which is s pale greyish green. V similar to little Greene pearl colour.

I think the Chiltern white is the safe option. Tho our kitchen is also grey (purbeck stone and worsted) and livingroom is blue and grey, do don’t want to go overload.

I like the idea of a hint of colour... I’m just worried it could end up looking like 80’s bathroom green...

I’ve taken some pics this morning but the light is quite cold at this time of day... gah!

What do you think..?

Big patches are in upstairs hallway, little ones downstairs, just in case light made a difference

OP’s posts: |
Cantspell2 Fri 17-Nov-17 13:36:11

I like the top one not very keen on the other

lightsalltheway Sat 18-Nov-17 23:26:33

Little Greene pearl colour is lovely so I would go for the one like that

DrunkenUnicorn Sun 26-Nov-17 11:20:27

Half way through painting and in case it’s useful for anyone else, this is two coats of Dulux diamond trade in silver fern.

I have a suspicion it might need three coats unfortunately. Gah. Woodwork being started on Monday in the ash white it’s next to in the pictures.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in