Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New bed - need new bedding! Ideas please

(16 Posts)
fedupandnogin Tue 07-Nov-17 05:11:46

So I have bought myself a new bed. So I now have to decorate my bedroom and buy new bedding before it arrives. I'm thinking light cream walls and light coloured bedding as a contrast to the headboard (my bedroom is not big so I can't have anything too overwhelming). Any suggestions of styles/patterns/where to buy? I also need to buy a new duvet - again any suggestions/advice please?

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 07-Nov-17 05:33:01

I’d got for white bedding with various grey not matching accent cushions.

Dorma bedding at Dunelm is good, high thread count and very tough wearing but really soft.

franktheskank Tue 07-Nov-17 10:35:15

Is it black or dark grey?

Either way I wouldn’t go for cream, either white or very very light grey walls and white and/or grey/silver bedding.

fedupandnogin Tue 07-Nov-17 16:56:24

Thank you both. The headboard is black. I was thinking very light grey walls (would white be too much?) and have always gone for white bedding. Silver could be a possibility. I will check out the Dunelm options.

dontcallmelen Tue 07-Nov-17 22:56:41

Hi tkmax can be good for bedding, high quality thread count etc also have a look at bedeck, the quality is really good & lasts forever.

yorkshireyummymummy Tue 07-Nov-17 23:01:59

I am obsessed with bedding.
Got a Dormer, 700 T/c king size fitted sheet last week reduced to a mere £28.00 I ran out of the bloody shop as I was convinced the price couldn't be right.
I'm going back in Saturday to buy two more,
They are a quarter of the price of the white company and it feels fabulous.
Definatly definatly try Dunelm. Very good value.

highwoodwitch Thu 09-Nov-17 17:51:21

I have this on similar bed - gorgeous and a bargainhttp://www.justlinen.co.uk/justlinen/vantona-amalfi-silver-bedlinen.asp

fedupandnogin Fri 10-Nov-17 21:20:14

I had a look round dunelm this evening and wasn't terribly inspired. Did quite like this www.dunelm.com/product/dorma-winchester-grey-duvet-cover-1000093635?bvstate=pg:2/ct:r

That looks nice @highwoodwitch

SillyBub Fri 10-Nov-17 21:23:22

Check out Secret Linen. The best quality and most super soft bedding I've ever had. Even after a million washes it's still the most luxuriously soft bedding ever. Gorgeous designs too. Pricy but absolutely worth every penny. I'm saving for yet another set.

fedupandnogin Fri 10-Nov-17 21:27:03

Don't think the link worked on my previous post. Here it is: www.dunelm.com/product/dorma-winchester-jacquard-grey-duvet-cover-1000093635

wtf2015 Fri 10-Nov-17 22:06:32

Homesense have lovely cheap bedding- good quality with high thread count.

AnnabelleLecter Sat 11-Nov-17 08:14:48

I also like Dorma and the hotel collection at Dunelm is lovely, really soft. I got it all very cheap in the sale.
After seeing it mentioned on here we bought a wool duvet, it's brilliant.

AmeliaFlashtart Wed 15-Nov-17 23:45:34

La redoute has a good selection of duvet covers etc in their home section.
If you go for feather or down duvet and pillows please ensure its meat industry by product and not live pluck. John Lewis is clear on this.

LaLaLady2 Tue 21-Nov-17 20:02:51

Love this especially the Sheridan stuff.
Www.justlinens.co.uk

And also use Richard Howarth for white bedding after checking out labels in a smart hotel and finding Richard Howarth had supplied. I buy 'hotel' bedding, all white, including duvet covers and just add coloured throws. All bedding has coloured thread edge, colour coded by size, great for making up beds quickly.
Www.richardhowarth.co.uk

LaLaLady2 Tue 21-Nov-17 20:22:54

Apologies, correction.

www.richardhaworth.co.uk

mimibunz Wed 22-Nov-17 01:35:05

I second the vote for Secret Linen. I bought a duvet cover and pillow cases from them several years and ago and they're still soft and gorgeous. I've also recently bought 300 tc fitted sheet from the White Company and absolutely love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now