Talk

Advanced search

Favourite home furnishing stores?

(5 Posts)
dazedandconfuse Fri 03-Nov-17 19:02:49

I'm moving into an unfurnished rental home soon and though I have some furniture (just ikea bits really) I'm looking for some really nice bits of furniture like cottage/ shabby chic. Not flat pack or possibly flat pack that looks really great.

Basically Laura Ashley on a budget grin was wondering if there's any hidden gem online furniture stores that sell the kind of things I'm looking for a lot cheaper!

I've done a fair bit of upcycling and know that you can achieve great results that way but I'm pregnant and with a busy schedule and 3 year old I don't have much time/ cannot be arsed to upcycle a load of furniture 😩😩 would just love a few gorgeous pieces for my new home that don't cost the earth e.g dining table, armchairs, nice cabinets! That kind of thing! I just have no idea where to look as I've always just had the same crap ikea furniture confused

Cheers!

JoJoSM2 Sat 04-Nov-17 17:04:52

Maison du Monde does nice French furniture - much nicer than Laura Ashley but probably similar or cheaper in price.

Alicecooperslovechild Sat 04-Nov-17 17:06:17

Trade Secrets (I think that they have a website) sells returned orders from major stores such as Laura Ashley.

keepingbees Sun 05-Nov-17 13:17:51

Wayfair have some nice bits.
Laura Ashley sell reasonably priced seconds on eBay but it’s collection only in Derby area (I think!)

BusySittingDown Sun 05-Nov-17 13:20:30

Home Sense is amazing. I love the stuff in there - I’m not sure about the quality of stuff as I haven’t bought anything yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now