Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another paint question!

(19 Posts)
Sunisshining12 Fri 03-Nov-17 17:03:40

Sorry, another which neutral thread! I'm banging my head against a brick wall!

Decorating my bedroom, need a subtle neutral. My bedding/curtains/accessories/lamps are a mix of soft grey, Taupe, Metallics, mink, cream/white.

I've used Dulux Nutmeg White, Just Walnut & Egyptian Cotton in the past to give you an idea. But these are much too dark in this room. I've tried Skimming Stone & Elephants breath, they are also waaay too dark.

So I then went & tried Timeless, Almond White & Jasmine white. Too magnolia looking 🙈

I'd ideally like to use Dulux simply due to cost, but don't mind getting another colour matched.

Any suggestions would be welcome smile

Sunisshining12 Sat 04-Nov-17 14:56:19

Anyone? sad

Tatlerer Sat 04-Nov-17 16:58:19

Greyish white? Could colour match F&B ammonite?

ThreeFish Sat 04-Nov-17 18:28:59

Colour match to F&B Purbeck Stone?

Ollivander84 Sat 04-Nov-17 18:41:09

Dulux white cotton?

Sunisshining12 Sat 04-Nov-17 22:00:47

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried Dulux white cotton, waaaay too pale almost none existent. I have ammonite in my bathroom that would be too pale/cold.

I need something like just walnut/nutmeg white but paler. Sort of very light greyey beigey?

Thank you smile

Orangebird69 Sat 04-Nov-17 22:09:31

Try F&B New White

ThreeFish Sat 04-Nov-17 22:20:43

F&B clunch

neighbourhoodwitch Sat 04-Nov-17 22:54:02

Dulux polished pebble wink

Yellowfairy Sun 05-Nov-17 15:56:48

F&B cornforth white is lovely

Sunisshining12 Sun 05-Nov-17 19:45:17

I don't want proper grey as I find it too cool & modern. I like latte/coffee/minkey/beigey & greigey colours but it's needs to be pale & subtle, muted.

I've had polished pebble in the past that is a proper grey & would be far too dark.

I don't want to buy any more F&B testers without knowing it's the sort of lines Im looking for as they're quite pricey! Would the suggestions fit the bill?

Sunisshining12 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:17:14

Could someone please tell me what sort of undertones they have? I have a tester of strong white on the wall, it looks almost like mustard? It's such an odd room sad

Angryosaurus Mon 06-Nov-17 21:39:28

What direction does the room face? Do you have any images of the tone you are trying to achieve?

Sunisshining12 Tue 07-Nov-17 15:09:07

It's South facing. But what I would describe as standard medium colours look super dark in there. E.g. Egyptian cotton to me isn't a dark colour, but on the walls in there it looks like a muddy puddle! Just after a very very latte/off-white

I'm guessing it would be classed as a white or cream with the browny/beige undertone.

Mammyofonlyone Tue 07-Nov-17 21:42:47

Sable from Laura Ashley?

dreamingoffields Sat 11-Nov-17 16:09:53

I have chosen Dulux Just Walnut with similar requirements to you - the tester goes on quite dark but the dry colour is much better. I hope it’s right as I have bought it now and have decision fatigue!

dreamingoffields Sat 11-Nov-17 16:11:52

Sorry - see you have tried this but my thinking is that on a larger area it’s going to look paler....it does on Pinterest anyway!

WittgensteinsBunny Sat 11-Nov-17 20:04:44

F&B slipper satin?

Myla1234 Wed 15-Nov-17 10:55:01

Get Dulux to mix you Paper Chain - perfect light grey for me. I spent a ridiculous amount searching for the right shade (not too dark, not too grey, not too blue grey) and love this colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now