Talk

Advanced search

How much are bespoke curtains?

(7 Posts)
moutonfou Fri 03-Nov-17 16:17:39

I've got a small window I want a new curtain for (approx 3ft x 4ft) , I'd only need one curtain as two curtains drown it.

Approx. how much would it be to get one decent, somewhat heavily lined curtain made? Would I save money versus just buying a pair off the shelf and having them altered? (The window doesn't seem to be a standard off the shelf dimension)

LightastheBreeze Fri 03-Nov-17 16:28:38

Dunelm is quite reasonable for curtain alterations, you could probably buy a pair that are a bit big and have them altered and either use one or two of them

holdbackonthewine Fri 03-Nov-17 22:29:22

Kingdom interiors online have a huge range of fabrics. Also try Vanessa Arbuthnot and Made to Measure Wigton, Jim Lawrence and The Dormy House. All those sell fabrics but also make curtains and I’ve used them all but probably Kingdom most.

holdbackonthewine Fri 03-Nov-17 22:31:32

Re price you can get quotes for most of those online.

JoJoSM2 Sat 04-Nov-17 17:03:22

It’s much cheaper to get sth off the shelf. The length can be easily adjusted yourself + finished with double sided sticky tape that you iron on. Having someone come out to measure up will cost loads.

holdbackonthewine Sat 04-Nov-17 18:22:26

The companies I mentioned trust you to measure so no house calls. The disadvantage is you have to hang them but yours sounds simple. Some of ours I wish I had ordered locally from someone who measures and hangs as I’m not good at the latter but when you’re doing a whole house with non standard old windows you cut corners.

Viviene Wed 08-Nov-17 21:56:16

Kingdom Interiors have horrible reviews on trustpilot though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now