Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dulux polished pebble and goose down any one have pictures they wouldn’t mind sharing pretty please ?

(12 Posts)
Aquarius26 Thu 02-Nov-17 17:04:09

Have whittled grey paints down to dulux polished pebble and goose down, can’t make up my mind just yet and was wondering if anyone who has painted rooms in their homes either of these colours would kindly be willing to share pictures please in hope it can help me decide smile

Damocat Thu 02-Nov-17 17:05:46

I don’t have pictures however we painted a few patches of goose down and it looked really green on our walls. Shame as we loved it on the colour chart.

Damocat Thu 02-Nov-17 17:07:18

There are quite a few images on Pinterest if you search it on there. And it looks lovely on there! Not green at all!

PeasAndHarmony Thu 02-Nov-17 17:12:15

We have polished pebble and it’s gorgeous (not posting a pic as it might be identifying!). It’s a lovely soft light grey with no undertones of any other colour- it was the only grey i found that didn’t look eg greeny or purply in some lights.

DoTheFandango Thu 02-Nov-17 17:14:44

I love the poiished pebble colour, have used it in 3 rooms now and planning to use it in our lounge too. Its a really soft grey and looks lovely on the walls. It dries a lot lighter than when it first goes on the walls smile but it is definitely grey rather than offwhite

Aquarius26 Thu 02-Nov-17 17:29:20

Thanks polished pebble is what I’m pulling more towards atm, goose down looks nice on google images but seems quite dark on the patch Iv tested in my frontroom although it is evening so no surprise there lol

Easilyflattered Thu 02-Nov-17 17:34:09

I've got polished pebble in a small bedroom and it's lovely. Really light relaxing colour. I might do my own bedroom in it soon. It does have a slight purple tinge in certain light IMO.

Joinourclub Thu 02-Nov-17 17:37:58

I did a polished pebble test and it was too silvery for me.

Aquarius26 Thu 02-Nov-17 17:46:14

Polished pebble doesn’t seem to pull purple in my living room, frosted steel was another colour I tested which although it’s a nice grey it defo has lilac tinge to it which is not what I’m after, I would just like a soft true grey nothing too warm, brown or purple.

Headinthedrawer Mon 06-Nov-17 17:42:38

Polished pebble is too light and cold in our study....also looks like light blue.It must depend on the light in your room.I really love goosedown and wish I had used that -seems warmer and a couple of shades darker.

sparechange Mon 06-Nov-17 18:05:41

We have polished pebble in a bathroom but it is eggshell so a different finish to what you would have
Happy to post a pic if it helps with the caveat that it will be lit by a bulb and not daylight

We have got goosewing in our bedroom and it’s a lovely warm grey which doesn’t look lilac in daylight (unlike Misty Mirror which does)

Sunisshining12 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:41:59

Goosedown has blue undertones. This has been confirmed by Dulux

The problem with paint is it really really does look different in every room/house/light. People also see different things.

Best thing is paint a massive sample on your wall (literally use all of the tester). Look at it the next day when dry.

And don't paint samples side by side.

Only you know which looks best in your house.

Feel free to post photos of your sample so we can help you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now