Talk

Advanced search

Farrow and ball or Annie Sloan cream for painting furniture?

(11 Posts)
user1484830599 Thu 02-Nov-17 10:31:01

Or any other furniture paint recommendations?

Do either of them have an equivalent colour to dulux timeless? I.E a very pale almost white cream?

I don't want to use dulux this time, after I didn't get a very good finish last time I used it to paint furniture.

Thank you

4yearsnosleep Thu 02-Nov-17 19:54:35

I much prefer the rustoleum furniture paint to Annie Sloan. Our fireplace looks great painted in it. I think Annie Sloane only really works if you want a rustic finish. It’s very hard to get a neat smooth finish

user1484830599 Thu 02-Nov-17 19:56:07

Thanks. I'm put off a bit by rustoleum being in such tiny tins. It is a huge cupboard!

I am after a smooth finish so maybe I'll skip Annie Sloan.

ruralmother Thu 02-Nov-17 20:02:14

F&B every time. AS is low effort (no prep) but it doesn't give the look I like, plus a real pain if you choose to repaint in the future.

Pandoraslastchance Thu 02-Nov-17 20:02:22

Wilkinson cupboard paint is good stuff. I used one tin of duck egg blue and one tin of cream or eggshell.
Only needed one coat and feels lovely to the touch.

4yearsnosleep Thu 02-Nov-17 20:02:48

Price wise they probably compare though. I haven’t tried F&B yet

ilovewelshrarebit123 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:09:28

These drawers were a very pale battered solid pine.

I painted them with Autentico chalk paint in regency white which is a pale cream. I then used Rustoleum wax over the top.

Took two good coats to cover, but I’m pleased with the result. The Autentico was £18 a tin and I’ve got three quarters left!

user1484830599 Fri 03-Nov-17 07:44:27

Thank you everyone. I'll have another look at the Rustoleum and Autentico. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to paint it Brinjal, with a timeless type cream on the inside, but I think it will probably end up the other way round!

dontcallmelen Fri 03-Nov-17 20:21:58

Hi I think rustoleom ones in large tins as well, the Wilkinson paint goes a long way, if you are thinking of doing it in an eggshell finish have a look at Mylands paint, it gives a beautiful finish & covers really well.

user1484830599 Fri 03-Nov-17 21:00:39

Is eggshell a matt or gloss dontcallmelen? i'll have a look thank you.

dontcallmelen Sat 04-Nov-17 21:57:31

Hi eggshell satin is a low sheen, so sort of halfway between gloss & Matt paint, it’s very hard wearing as well, I always bang on about Mylands paint, it IMO it’s far superior to F&B, made in England & just really easy to work with, they don’t have as many colours as F&B or littlegreene, fairly good range though & colours are subtle it’s on a par price wise with F&B etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now