Talk

Advanced search

Light fittings for a hall with low ceiling?

(11 Posts)
FacelikeaBagofHammers Tue 31-Oct-17 20:33:58

Hey there,

On the final stage of an extension and I'm looking for light fittings or shades for the existing hallway. There are 2 fixtures in the hall between the front door and leading to the double glass doors that open into the extension.

However the ceiling in the existing hallway is fairly low and I didn't want anything hanging too low in your eyeline between the front door and the really nice view through the double doors out into the extension.

Can anyone suggest something suitable? I'd love something that's glass, but not too fussy or blingy. Though I've an open mind smile Also need to get these shipped to Dublin too.

Thanks a million!!!

Unicorn81 Tue 31-Oct-17 20:36:07

I got this in a champange colour for my hall, doesnt drop too low www.argos.co.uk/product/7155312

Unicorn81 Tue 31-Oct-17 20:36:57

Its better to looks at in the flesh than the pic

Beckyt80 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:03:39

www.argos.co.uk/product/4328836 We similarly were looking for lights that didn't drop too much. We have 3 along our dark hallway, there's 2 bulbs in each one also help brighten it up.

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Tue 31-Oct-17 22:27:58

I got these for someone who wanted a traditional style
www.oceanlighting.co.uk/flush-ceiling-lights-c72/searchlight-7622-11ab-flush-2-light-flush-ceiling-light-antique-brass-p2366

These for someone who wanted something a bit funkier
www.homelightingstoreuk.co.uk/dar-raw0464-rawley-4-light-ceiling-light-brushed-satin-copper/

You need to search for flush ceiling lights and add + traditional or modern or brass/chrome, whatever your choice. Browse through www.lightingcompany.co.uk/ceiling-lights-c3/lighting-for-low-ceilings-c11 for ideas

I have something a bit like www.lightingcompany.co.uk/the-lighting-book-vito-modern-5lt-semi-flush-ceiling-light-in-polished-chrome-with-glass-shades-p5578

FacelikeaBagofHammers Tue 31-Oct-17 22:31:41

Thanks so much guys, loads of food for thought there. Much appreciated!

PickAChew Tue 31-Oct-17 22:32:03

We just have a flush bathroom style light from B&Q. One in the boys' room, too, so they couldn't swing it from their bunk beds! the ceiling in the hall isn't even low, but the hall is very small - more of a lobby at the bottom of the stairs - so wanted something completely unobtrusive.

Only disadvantage is that the spiders seem to use it as a suicide ground.

PickAChew Tue 31-Oct-17 22:45:46

Avoid this, unless you want a christmas tree to dodge effect:

www.sarahbowenlighting.co.uk/products/erika#.Wfj81YhpF4k

Thisismynewname123 Fri 03-Nov-17 09:43:51

We have high ceilings but set up sounds similar. We thought something hanging would be intrusive but we wanted a bit of wow factor. So we got this for the front light, when you walk in the house:
www.searchlightelectric.com/ceiling-lights/flush-and-semi-flush-lights/4139-9cc-chrome-9-light-flush-with-glass-drops-buttons.html

... and then just put spotlights further down the hallway so there wasn't too much bling having two big light fittings.

Sunisshining12 Fri 03-Nov-17 16:55:35

I'd probably go for just plain glass

Not too fussy, but not too plain like spotlights

You can usually shorten/lengthen the wire if you need to. Try Wilko!

wowfudge Sun 05-Nov-17 18:26:14

What about was lights instead?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: