Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

White ceramic or stainless steel sink?

(6 Posts)
clippityclop Mon 30-Oct-17 14:17:33

We have stainless steel at the moment. Very tempted by the white but concerned about stains? We have a beautiful tap with white ceramic handles.

uthredswife Mon 30-Oct-17 14:24:38

I have a white ceramic sink. It's lovely. I've had it 2 years. I fill it to the top and put a splodge of bleach in leave it overnight and it's sparkling the next day. It cleans up well day to day with normal kitchen spray. My husband is a messy bastard with coffee so that's saying something

SunnySomer Mon 30-Oct-17 14:30:25

We have a white ceramic sink in the house we’ve moved into. At a guess, it’s been here 20 years. It’s v easy to keep clean (bleach as pp said) and seems unchipped/ unscratched/ undamaged in spite of its age. So I’d say, go for it.

clippityclop Tue 31-Oct-17 08:37:00

Thank you. Ceramic it is then. Now, do I have it with the side showing, (a bit trendy) and a low cupboard underneath, or built in as planned at the moment with a bin on the inside of the cupboard door?

uthredswife Tue 31-Oct-17 11:32:26

Mine is built into a white counter with a drawer with bins underneath. I wouldn't waste the space on the butlers sink style (though I do think it looks lovely)

clippityclop Tue 31-Oct-17 21:58:31

Have gone for an under- fit built in one! Does anyone use a chopping board over the sink? It's an option apparently. Might be handy with the bin underneath. Also can anyone recommend a washable mat to put by the sink to catch drips from over enthusiastic little washer-uppers? Laminate floor (Pergo) and want to avoid it getting slippery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now