Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Front room window dressing

(8 Posts)
Hidihihidiho Fri 27-Oct-17 16:05:42

Hi.

We currently have a large bay window in our living room- it’s curved not square and had 5 individual long windows.
At the moment each window has a wooded venetitian blind, they were here when we moved in.... but some of the strings are broken so are a pain the backside to open/close. They are not a standard size so would have to pay to have made to measure blinds.
Ideally we would like shutters but can’t justify the expense right now.
So I’m looking for something reasonable to have up in stead?
Curtains on their own don’t offer enough privacy and I hate nets!

I was thinking of keeping the blinds and putting curtains over the top but how on earth do I get a pole to for a curved bay???

Anyone else have any bright ideas?? Xxx

LightastheBreeze Fri 27-Oct-17 17:34:19

Wilko do a cheap bay pole that you can bend for £30 suitable for light or medium curtains. John Lewis do more expensive options but they haven’t got very good reviews, if you are just putting up light curtains with the blinds it might be worth looking at Wilko option

Hidihihidiho Fri 27-Oct-17 20:57:20

Ooo great thanks will have a look! X

marriednotdead Fri 27-Oct-17 21:15:04

Have you considered window film? There's loads of really good designs and they work out way cheaper than replacing other options.

I wasn't sure if they'd look smart enough but a quick nosy in the increasingly gentrified neighbourhood made me realise that there are quite a few people having it done.

Hidihihidiho Sun 29-Oct-17 06:47:49

It has crossed my mind but worry about it not coming off when we do eventually get shutters.....x

ElasticFirecracker Mon 30-Oct-17 07:34:20

Window film peels off beautifully. I’ve used several different makes, recently a very inexpensive plain one from The Range which worked just as well as the more expensive ones I’ve tried. Really quick to put up too. You can get some lovely designs online.

You could buy one small roll and do a test
To see how you get on.

Hidihihidiho Mon 30-Oct-17 08:43:34

Ok I will have a look lovely, good to know it comes off easy! Xx

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Mon 30-Oct-17 08:47:59

I've used webblinds (cheap branch of Hillarys) for wooden and faux wood venetians.
Very pleased with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now