Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dining chairs in different patterned fabrics - interesting or weird?

(9 Posts)
Tankerdale Wed 25-Oct-17 21:09:29

We've recently redone our kitchen diner in shades of blue and pale blues grey. Our old dining chair seats covered in plain red or plain beige don't really match so I want to recover them.

I've found a few different fabrics I like in complimenting colours - 1 kind of jacquard/ikat, 1 chevron-y and 1 stripe. We've got 8 chairs. I'd quite like to use all 3 different fabrics and maybe a plainer spot one I've found. But would that be too much?

Interesting or weird, that's the question!

For context everything else is plain apart from a pvc tablecloth we have on for every day. There's a plain navy sofa and I could use the same fabric for some cushions.

allegretto Wed 25-Oct-17 21:11:50

I like it!

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 25-Oct-17 21:12:22

So do I.

LonginesPrime Wed 25-Oct-17 21:13:18

I vote yes - I would do it as what’s the point of having to give up two fabrics you really like just to have uniformity it doesn’t sound like you want?

If nothing clashes, I would go for it!

parietal Wed 25-Oct-17 21:14:12

if they all have the same weight & texture, then yes. if they are 3 completely different things, it might look a bit of a mes.

PolkaDottyRose Wed 25-Oct-17 21:14:17

I would. All my dining chairs are painted a different colour. I like it.

pallisers Wed 25-Oct-17 21:18:14

We did it - copied Kit Kemp striped dining room chairs (you can google it). Ours are in different fabrics too - one slightly heavier than the other - but it works. We are thinking of adding a third fabric/pattern when we buy more chairs.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 25-Oct-17 21:28:55

They're lovely, pallisers

Tankerdale Wed 25-Oct-17 22:03:23

Lovely, thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. Ours aren't as nice as the kit kemp ones as they're quite traditional wooden ladder back with upholstered seats. But I think we'll go for it. And whoever said about similar weights - that's probably a good point as I wasn't 100% on the striped one and I think it's because it's thinner and not a woven texture like the others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now