Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What colour wood work and ceiling compliment FB WhiteTie. - North Facing room

(3 Posts)
Scatternobrains Wed 25-Oct-17 19:38:53

Hi,

hubby has finally agreed to redecorate our lounge. It is quite a dark room, north facing. I think I am going to paint it Farrow and Ball White tie. We have a mid to dark grey sofa, will be getting a new carpet (colour undecided) and oak furniture, pink cushions and will get copper lights. We live in a 1950's 3 bed so no character features :-(

What colour should I do the paint work, have always done white but wondered if it should be something slightly softer, and hate how it yellows overtime? Also should the ceiling be white or something softer?

Thanks
Kerry

Bluesheep8 Thu 26-Oct-17 08:05:35

Hi, if you have a look at farrow and ball's website it will suggest woodwork course to complement each paint shade

MrBennOfFestiveRoad Thu 26-Oct-17 18:26:53

We have Farrow and Ball Oxford Stone woodwork, including door and cupboard doors, with White Tie in one of our bedrooms, it was done by the previous house owner but I really like it and will keep the same colours when we redecorate. I'm not sure how well the Oxford Stone would go with a grey sofa though, it would depend on the tone of grey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now