Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What duvet on a day bed?

(8 Posts)
Redrosegirlie Wed 25-Oct-17 13:14:32

Just bought a day bed with a trundle underneath so that it will turn into a double bed if needed.
What size duvet do I put on it? Double and let the extra hang over the front or shall I get 2 singles.
What would look pretty? smile

Bluesheep8 Thu 26-Oct-17 08:00:41

Hi, I was asking on here about how to 'dress' a day bed when not in use as a double bed and got really good advice. A Poster suggested putting a fitted brushed cotton single sheet over both mattresses when It's not folded out. Mine will have drawers underneath so I will store the bedding for it in those. Personally, I wouldn't have a quilt on it all the time but would use a double quilt when It's folded out as a bed. I want it to look like more of a sofa with cushions on day to day iyswim

Redrosegirlie Thu 26-Oct-17 18:58:48

Thanks Bluesheep. I like your idea but I don't have anywhere to store a duvet so I think it will need to look like a bed but with a couple of cushions on it so that it can be used as a sofa.
We will hardly ever go in the room as it will be in the spare bedroom 😀

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough Thu 26-Oct-17 19:02:59

My trundle when put together use to make either a king size or super king can’t remember which so check before you buy bedding

Redrosegirlie Thu 26-Oct-17 19:50:23

Great tip! Thanks smile

Battleax Thu 26-Oct-17 19:52:45

I'd go blanket and eiderdown, not duvet at all. An Eiderdown folded in half looks much neater and can be laid across the foot when not needed.

Bluesheep8 Sat 28-Oct-17 10:10:31

Hi, yes I agree with battlex about the eiderdown. If It's going to be on the day bed all the time, I wouldn't use a quilt. A really nice bedcover like the Kelly Hoppen ones or similar (Dunelm?) with a nice blanket would be good. Plus lots of cushions along the back.

Redrosegirlie Sun 29-Oct-17 06:58:11

Battleax that sounds like a nice idea thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now