Talk

Advanced search

Patterned or plain curtains in living room?

(6 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 23-Oct-17 21:08:37

I'm trying to decide whether to get plain curtains or something a bit more interesting like a pale Harris tweed style check. Would I be daft? Do you have to choose between patterned walls or curtains? I don't know where to start.
I have dark furniture and chestnut brown sofas plus table lamps are brass and glass, so want something cosy but that can be freshened up to feel more airy in the spring and summer. Maybe duck egg or Heather tones?
I'm clueless!

ShinyStella Mon 23-Oct-17 21:09:57

Have a look in dunelm mill and/or next for curtains. Sounds like you could introduce a different colour / pattern given everything else is quite neutral

wobblywonderwoman Mon 23-Oct-17 21:14:58

I was going to say plain but the check sounds great and is also timeless.

You can add lots of colour with cushions. That's what I tend to do.

My cushions are large chunky duck egg check. Also have a throw in similar/but darker

keeponkeepinon Mon 23-Oct-17 21:21:57

curtains
These are paler irl but not sure what I'd put on the walls. Trying to get away from magnolia as I've had that for years!

keeponkeepinon Mon 23-Oct-17 21:25:15

herringbone

keeponkeepinon Tue 24-Oct-17 17:44:29

Sorry to bump but could anyone advise? How do you pull off check curtains without it looking constantly autumnal?
BTW those next ones are much paler irl

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: