Talk

Advanced search

Curtains

(6 Posts)
ConfusedWannaBeMum Mon 23-Oct-17 09:20:46

We have just bought our first flat! I still can't believe we will be home owners soon. I am so excited to finally be able to decorate myself.

I am thinking of painting the wall behind the bed in Dulux Damson dream 1

https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/products/all?id=49088&color-name=Damson%20Dream%201&color-rgb=542840&fl-stickey=1&color-id=1187459

The other walls I am thinking of using Crown's Ivory Cream.

The window is on one of the cream walls and goes all the way to the floor. Ideally I'd want a blackout curtain in a similar colour to Damson but I can't seem to find anything.
Which other colours might work? For the curtains I mean?
Or is there an alternative to having a blackout curtain? I considered a blackout blind and then normal
Curtains on top.

2014newme Mon 23-Oct-17 09:25:48

Black out curtains are a must for me in a bedroom. Be careful with using very dark colours unless your room is exceptionally light as they can suck all the light from a room

ConfusedWannaBeMum Mon 23-Oct-17 09:28:12

Just realised the link didn't work and I can't seem to fix it on my phone.

Dark colours for the wall or curtains?
Do brighter coloured blackout curtains work just as well 2014?

2014newme Mon 23-Oct-17 09:31:12

It's the blackout linings in the curtain that gives the blackout, not the colour of the curtain. You need to get them made with blackout linings

ConfusedWannaBeMum Mon 23-Oct-17 14:16:07

I thought the colour might make a difference in addition to the lining but that sounds great! It definitely gives me a greater variety to look at.

Sunisshining12 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:18:26

Black out roller blind which are reallly cheap - when it's rolled up you won't see it

Then nice curtains just for show smile I love that colour you have chosen! What about some floaty voil type curtains?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: