Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What should I put on my kitchen floor?

(5 Posts)
MadameJosephine Sat 21-Oct-17 19:25:05

New kitchen very nearly finished but I can’t decide what colour to have the floor

Here’s a pic. Howdens five grey gloss cabinets with a walnut effect laminate top, white tiles which will soon be grouted with grey grout. Appliances are all black and stainless steel. My kitchen fitter can get karndean at cost price so has suggested I have a look. Do you think a slate effect would work? Something like this

http://www.karndean.com/en-gb/floors/products/lm22-corris

Or maybe a lighter one like this?

http://www.karndean.com/en-gb/floors/products/lm09-gallatin

I need to decide this weekend as he’s coming back to do the grouting on Monday so any advice/experience gratefully received

MadameJosephine Sat 21-Oct-17 19:25:44

*dove grey gloss cabinets

MadameJosephine Sun 22-Oct-17 18:00:53

What about s Victorian style floor to fit the period of the building?

Something like these

GerbitaFillsbottomMcSimmons Sun 22-Oct-17 23:46:03

We just did our kitchen in our Victorian house and restored the original flor boards that were there. It’s brought a lot of period character to any otherwise modern kitchen. Something to think about too is the flooring you have in the rest of the house. It can be nice to have continuity with flooring I find, especially if your place isn’t huge.

MadameJosephine Mon 23-Oct-17 08:10:26

The rest of the flat is carpeted but we have gorgeous original tiles in the communal hallway which is what made me think maybe I should go for something more ‘period’. Unfortunately the floorboards are not in good enough condition to sand down and restore so the kitchen fitter is going to cover them with plywood for me and then I just have to decide what goes on top of that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now