Talk

Advanced search

What colour woodwork?

(12 Posts)
RosieLig Fri 20-Oct-17 18:01:45

Hi

I'm planning on painting our hall Oxford Stone in F&B. The floor is flagstones and the doors are natural wood so the only woodwork to be painted is a built in cupboard (shaker style) and skirting boards.

I was thinking of doing another colour than white on the woodwork (it's currently F&B pointing)- maybe Light Gray? What do you think? It's a bit of a contrast but not too much...arghhh don't know!!!

Any thoughts/suggestions much appreciated!

AnyFucker Fri 20-Oct-17 18:03:10

White. Only white.

AnyFucker Fri 20-Oct-17 18:07:09

Crisp white looks classy with a similar colour scheme.

AnyFucker Fri 20-Oct-17 18:09:06

Having trouble getting a pic on

AnyFucker Fri 20-Oct-17 18:09:42

So much trouble I did it twice blush

RosieLig Fri 20-Oct-17 18:14:46

Hi I do like that but I like the mellow look of painted woodwork- I'll try to attach a picture of what I mean...

AnyFucker Fri 20-Oct-17 18:17:10

That looks nice too actually smile

Haint Fri 20-Oct-17 18:24:39

I love different coloured woodwork and did it in our hall. The problem then came with where to stop. Skirting boards and door frames all run into one another. It bugs me now and I sort of think I should’ve kept to white of one sort or another

RosieLig Fri 20-Oct-17 18:27:31

Hi
Yes totally know what you mean. Think we'll just do the hall. We're lucky that all the doors and surrounds are wood so don't need to paint them. I don't want to do it through the kitchen as worried it'll be too dark- like to keep that room as light as possible as there's not too much natural light...

WipsGlitter Fri 20-Oct-17 18:31:49

That looks lovely. On a separate note is pairing the ceiling brilliant white and cornices soft white out or naff now? So the cornice sort of jumps out. I’m doubting myself on this one now!

Sunisshining12 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:39:43

Painting woodwork is so bla & uninteresting

Definitely go with a colour!

Oxford Stone is very warm with red undertones

tittysprinkles Fri 27-Oct-17 09:24:38

Our hall is Oxford stone, all the skirting, ceiling, doors and coving are wimborne white. Looks really nice (was recommended by an F&B colour consultant). The wimborne goes throughout the whole house on woodwork and seems to work with most colours. We painted the stair wall in London stone which is slightly darker than Oxford stone to add a bit of contrast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now