Talk

Advanced search

Hardwearing fabric sofa

(3 Posts)
taybert Thu 19-Oct-17 14:56:44

Our 10 year old brown leather sofa has seen better days but it's done good service and is wipe clean (ish). I'd really like a change to something a bit more modern, ideally in fabric. Just wondering where does good, comfy, hardwearing sofas now, we got this one from a local shop which has closed down so isn't an option.

We have two boys (5 + 3) so needs to withstand plenty of climbing and the odd spill. Ideally somewhere we can have sit before we buy it. There's a m&s furniture nearby so thought about there but the reviews of the ones I like all say they get tatty quickly.

So where is good?!

taybert Sat 21-Oct-17 15:23:46

Hopeful bump. I've been looking at John Lewis, Next, M+S and a few others but seem to be reading nothing but bad reviews!

keepingbees Sat 21-Oct-17 16:37:12

I recently bought second hand for his reason (nearly new and looked like new), I really wanted fabric after years of leather but couldn't face paying top price when drinks etc still get spilled. It's a DFS one in the jumbo cord fabric and so far it seems very good. It has foam cushions which is an upgrade to the standard one which don't keep their shape apparently. Minor marks seem to wipe off well and the smokey grey colour is quite forgiving! I've washed and tumble dried the seat covers twice and they've come out like new both times and it's kept it's shape. I don't know if it will last years and years but it will certainly seems like it will do us a good while yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now