Talk

Advanced search

What colour paint to go with this wallpaper?

(8 Posts)
Aquarius26 Thu 19-Oct-17 13:15:02

I would like to do a feature wall on in my living room with this wall paper, it has a few different greys in ranging from pale to abit darker with some of the roses a teal colour and around the petals is subtle glitter that makes it shimmer in certain lights but the camera on my phone doesn’t really pick it up, not sure what colour I would paint the rest of the room though? I’m going to get teal curtains, sofa scatter cushions and accessories to tie the teal into the room, would I pick a light grey for the walls or would I be best to get the wall paper colour matched at Dulux or leyland.

Aquarius26 Thu 19-Oct-17 13:16:22

Sorry forgot to add the photo of the wall paper!

loveablether Thu 19-Oct-17 13:34:52

I vote Light grey if your going to pick teal accessories

7to25 Thu 19-Oct-17 13:36:18

Me too

Aquarius26 Thu 19-Oct-17 13:45:39

Should I get it colour matched to the light grey on the wall paper? I don’t want the faff of buying loads of samples trying to match it up and I have no idea which light greys to choose as there are so many lol

loveablether Thu 19-Oct-17 20:05:37

What colour is your floor? Wooden? I'd def buy a few samplers to try out - I used 'come on in' by crown (or Dulux) which is a warm grey but looks beige in some lights and is a really nice one, but check and see if you like it with the wallpaper. Many shades of grey!

Bluesheep8 Fri 20-Oct-17 08:06:39

I agree with getting the wallpaper colour matched for a grey, then pick out the teal with accessories

Aquarius26 Fri 20-Oct-17 08:34:17

Sorry forgot to say carpet in the front room also grey lol hopefully won’t be too much grey but can be broken up with a large rug that’s either teal or has teal in. Think I will get the wall paper colour matched. Thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now