Talk

Advanced search

18 sodding quid on Annie Sloan paint!

(4 Posts)
cakesandphotos Tue 17-Oct-17 13:48:50

Bought myself some Annie Sloan paint in what I thought was a nice yellow. Put it on the wooden kitchen unit thing and it’s peach. I deluded myself that maybe after a few coats it would look more yellow but no. I’m pissed off and tempted to return it.
Just to show you, I’ll attach two photos. One lovely yellow from the website and then my show of shite kitchen unit

PolkaDottyRose Tue 17-Oct-17 13:51:53

I found the AS yellow to be more of a mustard acid yellow..I wasn't keen. You maybe need to give it another coat to get the depth of colour you want. I always did with other colours, e.g. Emperors Silk.

LtheWife Tue 17-Oct-17 17:58:33

Have you waxed it yet? That often changes the colour and makes it a little richer.

Tika77 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:23:10

Mwhah... I always buy a sample pot now. I still have half a tub of Emperor Silk that looked like a classic lipstick red on every single photo.... when it was in fact pink.

One thing you could try is kind of age it with dark wax. I’ve mixed dark wax and white spirit for this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now