Talk

Advanced search

Help me decorate my doorway... PIC ATTACHED

(3 Posts)
UnicornsAreReeal Tue 17-Oct-17 13:36:19

So this is what my doorway will be like in my new house. A lot of the neighbours have those buxus balls hanging from either side of the little shelter over the front door. They look lovely but I want something different. Any suggestions/ideas much appreciated.

buckeejit Tue 17-Oct-17 13:50:09

A couple of conifer cloud trees in pots either side of door? Or olive trees? Home base have a good selection of pots & trees.

Or bamboo.

jazzandh Wed 18-Oct-17 07:55:48

I would put a small hedge down the left hand side of the pathway, something fairly low growing, possibly fragrant.

I would put a climbing plant to the right of the front door on a painted wooden trellis.

Then I would put a soft shrubby border underneath the window. Possibly with a gentle curve rather than a straight edge.

I'm not sure that I would hang anything, and pots etc can look a little odd unless you have hard standing for them imo, altough you could dig out a little either side of the front door if you wanted to pursue this, and put some gravel/stone chip down and place pots on this.

Looks very nice a lovely blank canvas for you to work with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now