Advanced search


(5 Posts)
Sunisshining12 Sun 15-Oct-17 15:37:58

Does anyone know where to get MDF Victorian/Georgian style panelling?

We have the original in our Victorian house in the hall & landing. Would like to add some to our utility & cloaks. Don't mind if it's not the same pattern.

Can I buy them in sheets or is it individual bits? Thanks 🙏

Blackgrouse Sun 15-Oct-17 21:12:37

Have a look at The English Panelling Company, not sure if the link will work.

Sunisshining12 Sun 15-Oct-17 22:20:39

Thanks blackgrouse, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm after! Although gosh those prices!!

Any idea if I can get it from local builders merchants or eBay i wonder...

Blackgrouse Mon 16-Oct-17 20:22:43

You can buy the tongue & groove style in sheets from Homebase & B&Q. For the square style a friend got a joiner (or maybe just a handyman) to do her hallway. I think he just screwed or glued lengths of wood or mdf to the wall to make the square effect then once painted it looks like panelling.

Sunisshining12 Mon 16-Oct-17 20:35:35

Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to do it that way. Fix a sheet of mdf to the wall, then fix the battens in square or rectangle shapes. Finish with skirting & a dado rail & paint.

I was hoping I could buy the panels already completed ready to just 'stick' on. Found a company on eBay but at £60 for 2m it's much too expensive. I can buy the individual bits of mdf sheets, battens & dado for about £50 to do the entire hall stairs & landing.

The tongue & groove panels are really simple, I've used them in a bathroom, just not the right look for our hallway but thank you :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: