Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What colour to paint living room?

(7 Posts)
TroutySnouts Fri 13-Oct-17 19:35:29

Need some advice! We’re planning to decorate our living room in a month but my DH and I are both hopeless with colour matching.
Our sofa is grey and we have some black furniture and a black rug. We have light/medium brown wood effect flooring.
What colour should we do the walls? Also does anyone know of any paints that are fairly cheap as we’re on a budget.

Bluesheep8 Sat 14-Oct-17 10:51:25

Hi, I'd suggest getting a copy made of farrow and ball's skimming stone. It's a very warm soft taupey/George and would perhaps look more greyish with your sofa and the black you've got...

Bluesheep8 Sat 14-Oct-17 15:47:05

For George read greige!!!!

Dolceandgabbana14 Sun 15-Oct-17 09:05:35

We've just done ours Egyptian Cotton. It's gorgeous. We also have a grey sofa and medium brown laminate flooring, and it all goes together. It is a good neutral but not cream iyswim.

CaptainHarville Sun 15-Oct-17 09:16:42

I've just painted mine just walnut which is dulux. Previously used it in both my boys bedrooms and really like it. Its a lovely neutral that would work with grey or black or brown.

intelligentPutty Sun 15-Oct-17 10:26:22

Another vote for Dulux Egyptian cotton.
Neutral and most definitely not cream / magnolia.

Marylou2 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:57:54

Farrow and Ball Elephants Breath. It's the perfect warm neutral .Goes with absolutely everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now