Talk

Advanced search

Grey for a S/SE facing living room that compliments navy?

(10 Posts)
WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Wed 11-Oct-17 17:20:58

Just that really. Looking for a grey that isn’t too beige or blue or green. Just grey.

I know there’s a million grey paint threads but wondered if anyone had suggestions for a S/SE facing room? I don’t want to buy a million tester pots —like I usually do— and need to make a decision by this weekend!

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Thu 12-Oct-17 15:29:47

I know it’s dull but a bump in an attempt to catch the eye of anyone who might have some recommendations!

Bluesheep8 Fri 13-Oct-17 07:51:20

Hi, I'd suggest either dulux polished pebble or pebble shore, although thinking about it, imo from testing both, polished pebble is definitely the cooler of the two and would better complement navy I think

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Fri 13-Oct-17 23:29:49

Thank you! Will have a look. Tester shopping tomorrow!

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 14-Oct-17 10:32:34

Another bump for any more suggestions before we go tester pot shopping!

Bluesheep8 Sat 14-Oct-17 10:45:51

Also, my decorator suggested dulux dusted moss, it comes in shades 1-5 and some of those look good greys....good luck tester shopping, It's a jungle out there!confused

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 14-Oct-17 11:37:51

Thank you! There are too. many. greys.

Bluesheep8 Sat 14-Oct-17 11:40:12

Oh yes indeed and I thought finding the perfect off whites was a nightmare, Didn't know the half of it-grey hunting is much much worse! Be interested to know how you get on

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sun 15-Oct-17 12:37:09

The place we went to had a really limited range - probably not a bad thing! It usually takes me forever to choose from almost identical shades. Have polished pebble and chic shadow up just now. Polished pebble looking good at the mo. Chic shadow maybe just a bit too dark for our room. It looked a lot lighter on some Pinterest images I found.

Bluesheep8 Tue 17-Oct-17 07:59:34

Hi, glad you found a couple to consider. I agree chic looks darker in real life..I reckon polished pebble is probably the way to go with navy, hope you're pleased with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now