Talk

Advanced search

Will these new build fittings choices 'work'?

(7 Posts)
eyebrowseyebrows Mon 09-Oct-17 15:50:32

We're due to give final choices soon on our new build fittings and fixtures.

We are having Amtico flooring throughout the downstairs because of our arsehole cats who shred carpet.

We love the 'Cedar' one in picture one. We can have white, grey or ivory/cream kitchen cabinets. DP doesn't like white kitchens and while I love grey I'm avoiding it as I think it may date before we would want to think about replacing a kitchen.

So that leaves ivory/cream (shown in picture 2 with the flooring and grey worktop).

We're a bit stuck on worktops though...does the grey one in pic two 'work' with the floor and cabinets?

The other options are shown in pic 3....any help appreciated as we're going in circles!

FritzyMousey Mon 09-Oct-17 17:22:30

Looks like it goes well to me. Which one is is from your choice, copper slate?

eyebrowseyebrows Tue 10-Oct-17 07:39:15

It's the riverside grey that's shown in the photo.

We looked at copper slate but weren't sure about it...but maybe will take another look when we go back to make final choices.

MissRainbowBrite Tue 10-Oct-17 12:07:18

We have the white high gloss cupboards and very similar flooring to your choice in our new build. We've been really happy with the choice but equally our neighbours have a taupe high gloss with the same floor and it looks just as good. If you'd like a comparison of what it would look like I can post a pic, it's so hard to picture it from swatches.

SoupDragon Tue 10-Oct-17 12:12:26

I think it works nicely. I think copper slate might be too dark? The one yOu have seems to tone with the floor nicely (although it's difficult to see)

I prefer the ivory as I think it's less harsh than white and also perhaps less likely to date/more of a classic colour. Personal choice though smile

eyebrowseyebrows Tue 10-Oct-17 18:52:27

@MissRainbowBrite A pic would be great, thanks!

It's so hard to pick from little samples!

MissRainbowBrite Wed 11-Oct-17 10:24:47

Here you go @eyebrowseyebrows hope it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now