Talk

Advanced search

Colour of West facing front door

(1 Post)
CruCru Sat 07-Oct-17 18:06:07

Hi all

We are having the outside of our house (the window sills and the lower part of the house) repainted. The guys are going to do our front door and I am a bit torn between the colours. The shortlist are F&B (there’s one at the end of our road):

Rectory Red
Eating Room Red
Green Smoke
Calke Green

The front door is currently a dirty dark red and the house is a tall, thin London house - late Georgian / very early Victorian.

My son has asked that we keep the door exactly as it is so I am leaning towards a darkish red. However, part of me thinks that if we are getting it repainted, we should consider changing the colour.

I’ve had a wander down the street to have a look at our neighbours’ front doors but I don’t like any of them so have had no inspiration there either.

I know that I don’t like pale coloured front doors - I know that a pale sage green seems to be popular but it is a bit washed out for my taste. I want a front door that’s easy to point out to taxi drivers and which makes me smile every time I come home.

If you have any advice, I would be very grateful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now