Talk

Advanced search

What curtains with F&b Vardo?

(3 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sat 07-Oct-17 15:01:29

In a bedroom with white furniture. I can't find anything that feels right. Don't want to spend a fortune either. Was looking for something a bit daring but on the verge of going with plain cotton colour matched in. Will also need a bedspread to tie in.
Quite like it with gold accessories as it really warms it up and makes it cosy.

Mapless Sun 08-Oct-17 01:04:26

Yes gold goes really well. My bedroom is painted in this colour. I originally planned on plain off white curtains until an artist friend advised it would look too 'flat'. She was right. I found some gold coloured ones which would look fabulous. I hung up the old ones in the meantime and was very pleasantly surprised that they worked v well too. They are plain duck egg. I don't think it would be as good with matching bed linen. But a throw to tie in/cushions works. My friend suggested cerise and I thought 😨😞 but she was right again. Cerise items look beautiful in that room.

keeponkeepinon Sun 08-Oct-17 07:54:54

So did you keep the duck egg or go with the gold in the end? Was it a metallic type gold or cotton type fabric?
I'm sure most jewel tones would look amazing it's having the guts to go for something really striking whilst trying to keep it 'grown up'!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: