Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do ikea beds take normal non ikea mattresses?

(6 Posts)
NoNamesLeft86 Sat 07-Oct-17 09:34:37

I thought they did but a couple of years ago my daughter got a shorty type bed from amazon and the mattress we got from ikea was slightly too small and we have made do but certainly not a great fit.

Now I am wanting to buy single bunk beds from ikea but get cheap mattresses from amazon to use until I can afford better ones. but worried in case they don't fit right. all say standard singles.

DontCallMeBaby Sat 07-Oct-17 10:04:26

They should have measurements as well as saying standard single, but generally they ought to fit. DD's bed is Ikea, with the mattress from a previous bed - fits fine. Ikea do still do different sizes though, as the bed frame is standard, but we bought the wrong size slats for it and had to cut them down. Just read carefully what you're buying.

NoNamesLeft86 Sat 07-Oct-17 10:13:04

Thank you.

cremedelashite Sat 07-Oct-17 10:16:15

If I recall correctly ikea do 2 lengths of bed. A uk one (which might be 200cm long) and a slightly longer one. Check your measurements.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sat 07-Oct-17 10:22:29

A bed is the one thing is never buy from ikea. Getting mattresses bedding quilts etc etc to fit means you have to go to IKEA. Every. Single. Time.

NeverGoOutOfStyle Sat 07-Oct-17 13:53:43

I've always had ikea beds but never ever bought bedding or quilts from ikea! It's a 140x200 and all the standard quilts and covers fit it now bother at all so please don't let that put you off!

IKEA in the UK now sell most of their beds in 'standard sizes' and a standard size mattress is 90x190. Instead of calling the european sizes 'single' 'double' etc, they now refer to that size by the measurement so an 'IKEA single' would be 90x200.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now