Talk

Advanced search

How do I get gliders off a curtain track?

(10 Posts)
tdm1 Fri 06-Oct-17 16:54:32

I've got too many gliders on the curtain track, which get in the way of the curtain running smoothly, but I can't figure out how to get the extra ones off. The end pieces of the track don't seem to come off and I'm scared I'll break it if I use too much force. The gliders themselves have a small square bit that fits into the track, so they can't be turned sideways for removal as some gliders can. Please help!

wowfudge Fri 06-Oct-17 19:11:37

The end stops might need a screwdriver to remove them, then you can slide the gliders off. Can you post a photo? Alternatively, try spray furniture polish on a cloth and rub along the groove the gliders are in - should make them run more smoothly.

Santawontbelong Fri 06-Oct-17 19:14:53

Push down and unclip the bottom bit first. Pull of with your thumb!!

GreenTulips Fri 06-Oct-17 19:17:14

I agree with both comments

The extra won't be the issue - probably just the track needs spraying

Some have their own screw type thing others need a screw driver

tdm1 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:57:04

Thanks, I'll try the spraying. But Santa, push down what? And unclip the bottom bit of what? Sorry if I'm being dense!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Fri 06-Oct-17 20:06:05

Can you post a pic of gliders and end of track?
There's so many different ones

GreenTulips Fri 06-Oct-17 21:04:41

She means push your finger down on the top of one of the C clips and it should create a gap to pull or unhook the bottom of the C

tdm1 Sat 07-Oct-17 10:15:22

Ok, I've tried the pushing and pulling - without success. Have tried levering the end of the track off - just managed to break a tiny bit off! So now trying to upload a couple of pictures.

tdm1 Sat 07-Oct-17 10:17:24

Ok, I've tried the pushing and pulling - without success. Have tried levering the end of the track off - just managed to break a tiny bit off! So now trying to upload a couple of pictures.

GreenTulips Sat 07-Oct-17 10:21:42

I wonder if this is a ball bearing track? Have you tried machine oil?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now